• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

a new low # svt

I have a TRed 98 with a moonroof and wish I had one without a moonroof. :)

My 98 Black CSVT doesn't have a moonroof, and im actually happy about that. one less electronic bug to eventually fix, and imo it gives the car some overal more rigividy (is that a word?)

I don't plan on ever owning a car without a sunroof again, lol.

However, another potential reason is that it brings down the headliner slightly. My dad always found himself hitting the ceiling in cars with sunroofs (except mine since the car is uber huge). I definitely have that problem with my sister's Saturn.

My 95 E0 SVT does not have a moonroof (or sunroof). I bought it new. I picked one out that did not have a moonroof on purpose.

My Escape has a moonroof. It was a no cost option at the time I bought it. I would slightly prefer that it didn't have one, but since it was free I'm not all that unhappy. I hope I don't regret that when it needs repairs as it ages.

One setback I didn't expect from the moonroof on the Escape is that U-Haul will not rent a trailer to me, even though it has a factory trailer towing package.

this is soo weird, the low low builds were built on November 12th 1996 and then a looong pause before resuming production again like the #37 in March..weird :ponder:

That is weird. I took delivery of my first SVT, a T-Red 1998 E0 on June 14th 1997.
I loved that car. The dealer ended up buying it back over habitual alignment issues though and I used the credit to buy my 1999 Silver SVT I used to have that everyone is familiar with.

Safety. U-Haul re-evaluated their rental policies after the Explorer/Firestone problems. They determined that they would not rent trailers to vehicles with sunroofs, or at least some vehicles, mine included. They are trying to limit their risks.

By the way, I bought my 98 E0 (T-red at that) in July of 97. It also had alignment issues, but it wasn't evident until it was past warranty. Inside edge front tire wear that was originally blamed on toe settings blut not cured until I installed camber kits.

Last edited:
Back