• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Going Junking!

96MystiqueGS

Veteran CEG'er
Hey all! I will be taking a run down to Harry's in Hazelton tomorrow, does any body need anything while I'm down there? I've got quite a list going for myself so I'll be in the Ford section for quite a while! Tomorrow is $7 head light and tail light day by the way.

What are you looking for James?
I raided the Allentown Harry's the Friday before Christmas and there were plenty of parts. Quite a few pre 98's and a few Mystiques.

I'm after a set of headlights for my 2000 Contour I just got. The headlights I have now are ok, but the tabs are broken. Also looking for a bulb holder for my license plate, one is broken and fogged up. I like to stock up on odds and ends just in case, my basement is full of stuff, including most of a front clip to a 98+ Mystique.

Hey, let me know if they have any hood props for a Gen I SHO, please? And/or any A-pillars for the same, any color. Beggers can't be choosers. :eek:

Some things came up and I'm postponing my trip so I wasn't able to look for the SHO stuff. Are the A-Pillars and prop rods the same as regular Gen I Tauruses? In case I find A-Pillars that work and I find multiple colors, which color are you looking for and which side? I should be going some time in the near future and I'll keep an eye out then.

Oooooh, good questions. I have no idea. I'm looking for tan interior. I'll let you know if they're the same (I'm pretty sure they might be).

If anyone else goes out anytime soon im looking for a coolant tank level sensor. I have a 95 but i am pretty sure they are all the same for 95-00 zetec and dura.

If anyone else goes out anytime soon im looking for a coolant tank level sensor. I have a 95 but i am pretty sure they are all the same for 95-00 zetec and dura.

yeah they should be the same but on the zetec the tank doesn't have the float for the sensor so you would need the tank and sensor to add it to a zetec, at least on my 95 the wiring is there and there is a light in the dash I do believe ...

I guess its lucky i have a duratec.... Well i hope thats lucky, either way it shouldnt be too hard to get at a junk yard or expensive.... right?

I went to the yard in Pennsburg yesterday. Got nothing but still had a great time. :)

I wish I would have checked here before I left as I could have gotten some of the items for you guys.

Next time.

So far it looks like I should be going on Wednesday, as this is my next day off from work. So far I have these items to look for:

korfu: coolant tank level sensor
chknhwk: Gen I SHO hood prop rod and A-Pillars - tan if possible

As for the A-Pillars, do you need both or just one? I still haven't been able to find out if they are the same as regular Tauruses or not.

Anything else needed?

Anybody going anytime soon? I need some junk:

Brake caliper brackets, part # FN-74 (Bracket, caliper, left and right, FN-74, 1996+ SHO/Sable, 95+ Continental).
And also 96+ SHO brake calipers, if in decent condition.

They will allow me to run larger brakes on my SHO, which it desperately needs. 11" rotors just won't cut it...

Back