• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MAF question

I need the bigger MAF, and given what I'm doing to the car I'll need to re-tune it. This MAF in particular also comes with the data sheet so mister warmonger can tune it effectively....

my question is wether or not the plug/sensor themselves are compatible with the PCM, based on the model year the MAF was originally installed on.

Unless you have the datasheet, stay away from the pro-M Mafs.

Even with the datasheet expect to spend extra time. I just dialed one if for a guy and it took me almost twice as long even when we got the datasheet.
Expect to pay a little bit more for that.

However, it works great now that it is dialed in....so you be the judge. I can even figure one out without a datasheet but the time will double.

If you haven't bought one yet, get the 80mm lightning maf. It will guaranteed support well over 400wHP on our cars and they are not the expensive. Usually you can grab one on ebay or from a junk yard too.

I expect BurritaSVT to be the only one to possibly max one out, but I think with good tuning it will still be able to support his setup.

Back