• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vulcan V6 3.0L-Capable of Using other Parts?

LiveToRev

Be Gentle I'm New Here
:help:
Hi, Im a new member, and I was reffered here by a friend. I own a 2004 Ford Taurus (sorry to intrude), but I am really in a sticky situation. I can find absolutely no parts, performance of visual, for my Taurus. I was told that maybe I could use parts meant for other cars for mine. It has a Vulcan V6 3.0L and I belive that a Contour comes in this particular engine type. I was just wondering if I could buy parts for the Contour and install them on my car.
1.Does a Contour even come in a Vulcan V6 3.0L
2.Are parts switchable between cars that both have a Vulcan V6 3.0L, just a differnt body?
3.Are there any good sites/stores that offer parts for the Vulcan V6 3.0L/Ford Taurus that you can recomend?

Any information at all is greatly appreciated, Thankx Again.
:eek:

Sorry, let me rephrase, I was a little mixed up :crazy:.
I believe that the Duratec V6 and Vulcan V6 are similar, the only differnce is the dual overhead cam or somethings. But i was wondering if I still could use parts meant for the Duratec V6 on my Vulcan V6...are there any exceptions? Is this even possible?

Sorry man, but that engine is totally different from the 2.5 Duratec. The Vulcan V-6 might be able to use some parts from a 4.0L out of a newer Mustang or Ranger. But the only Taurus motor that was even close is the 3.0L Duratec.

Unfortunately, like we have found, most parts that you would want in order to gain a better appearance or performance is going to be custom. I'm sure there are some websites out there that support the Vulcan platform. You might try SHObros.com and see if they have any links to other sites that may help you. Or just do a google search for a Taurus enthusiast site like....this one:
www.ford-forums.com This one:www.shoclub.com
This one:www.FordForum.com and you can even sign a petition online to get some body kits moving here:www.petitiononline.com/gpatcca/petition.html

Maybe that will help out a little. Welcome to CEG!

Got Santa???
santa_RIP.jpg

He means performance parts. They didn't make alot of aftermarket parts for the taurus,....
Ahh..., "I see, said the blind man." Thanks for clarifying. Of course, coming from Mr. Stocko, well........

.....not really, mileliminators, upgraded "gold-plated" :eek: front struts and springs, (E1 rims-soon to be installed).

So my vulcan is a 3.0L I hear that it has similar or almost exact dimensions to that of the 2.5L. so just to make sure I hear rite...i can search for ford ranger and mustang engine parts that belong to the V6 and the parts from the V6 contour won't work? and would companies allow me to purchase parts and try them on my car, but if they don't work return them?please give me directions on wat kinds of parts and for wat cars I shud by partts for. and I just want to thank everyone here at CEG for their help and kowledge. Thanks Again and if u cud just tell me the kinds of cars I cud by parts for. I mite just say screw it,sell my car, and buy a SVT :eek: Thanks and feel free to email me...thebrinewarrior@gmail.com

From my experiance with auto parts, its once you buy it and try it its yours, no refunds unless it breaks within the warrenty time.

to go along with the return thing, wat happens if i just took it out of the box, not installed it or used it, just placed near the motor to see if it would fit? Because if it would fit, i would keep it and use.

As long as the item AND the packaging looks like new there shouldn't be a problem with places like auto zone and such, as far as online I wouldn't try it.

.... and would companies allow me to purchase parts and try them on my car, but if they don't work return them?...
Most companies will not accept returns on electronic parts once the packaging is open. Dealer parts have a note on the outside of the plastic wrap which state that too.

I would go to www.taurusclub.com We are working on a group buy for pullies. I am also with www.shobrosgarage.com and we offer ported intakes right now. We will be offering more parts in the future as well.

You can install rockers in vulcan and that will help. THere are some places do grind cams for the Ranger that will work.

Last edited:
Back