• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic Request - Koni and Ground Control Coil Overs

JCTH1

CEG'er
Im hoping someone will have some pictures of Koni or even stock struts with Ground Control Coil Overs on.

Im asking as i hope to install the setup on my mondeo (uses 98 contour suspension) and i already have Koni's sat on my other mondeo.

This is my mondeo sat on Koni's dropped 60mm but im hoping to use Coilovers for the versitility of adjustable ride height.

Any pictures greatly appreciated.

med_1167412218-mondeo1.jpg

med_1167417031-mondie.jpg

TIA

jcth1

Pretty slick Mody you got there!

Not sure if you want GC, cause the extra drop would definately cause some wheel issues. Unless your going to use them to raise your ride. I'm sure some koni + GC users will chime in.

wow that makes my contour look like crap but eh you europeans get the good mondeos but umm yeah i dont have koni or gc but id like to get them just have to say that ride is sick

John get in touch with Mark (Pewtner) as he had Konis & ground control coilovers on his old ST24. I've got some pics ofhis car somewhere if it helps & I also know the guy that owns the car now as he lives just up the road from me ;)

John get in touch with Mark (Pewtner) as he had Konis & ground control coilovers on his old ST24. I've got some pics ofhis car somewhere if it helps & I also know the guy that owns the car now as he lives just up the road from me ;)

Thanks Mark. I know mark done it hence ive got this obsession with them and the BAT 21mm Rear ARB and other things from the BAT range.

Just hoping someone had pictures or even info on what to do. Pics of it all setup is what im ideally after so i can see excactly what needs to be done.

Kerry Cool - The Coilovers will be to raise the ride height 10mm above the 60mm drop seen in the picture as i have a set of 19'' Dare V4's to go on (again from Mark Pewtner aka PewtnerSt24). I want the best i can get for the car and suspension wise Coil overs are the best i can go. I love the right height and im not that fussed about how hard the ride is as it will only really be a motorway (freeway) tanker from Home to Army base and back (near future hopfully)

SVT SNOB - Touring wing is off. It moves too much and has damaged the tailgate beyond repair. Standard Zetec/Zetec S/ST24/ST200 Rear Spoiler is going on as to be honest i much prefere the stock shape of the car.

Oh and thanks for the kind remarks about the car but as alot of MEG'ers know including Mark T, i didnt put this car together. I bought it and im now planning on what i consider the next phase of mods to my taste.

jcth1

jcth1

Hope you enjoy the ride. It sucks IMO. Nice for adjustability but the spring ratio is off for the CDW-27. Get D2's!

Pukka. Sounds like ive just found the Coil Over Kit ive been longing for.

What info do i need to know about so what i order is right for what i want. Whats this ive been reading about spring rates?? Im not technical at all but i want a stiff ride that will stay as flat as possible through twists coz atm she handles like a dream.

jcth1

Back