• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Intake Replacement

Well if you want to use the stock air box.. you cant use that.

you would have to get a MAF adapter+air filter (Ru-3530) to use that.

Thanks man. I'll probably order it sometime this week. My concern was that it wouldn't fit because the KKM filter connects directly to the stock intake attachment, in the fender and I'm thinking the replacement may be too short or too long. Hopefully I'll be able to make it work.

if it dosent fit right away because of the kkm just move it around a bit. you should be able to get it to work. just dont give up right away lol

I have that setup.. check out my cardomain for engine bay pics..

what I had to do was cut the snorkel done to the fender.. and I capped of the end of the KKM, because Elky talked me into beleiveing that because it was an open element air filter why have air coming in from two holes instead of just the filter.

thats not really what i said.
it was shown on a dyno on Jsmiths car that capping the open end of his filter provided a 6 Hp increase.
we attributed it to two separate paths of air entering the filter perpendicular to each other causing turbulence in the air flow.

it was shown on a dyno on Jsmiths car that capping the open end of his filter provided a 6 Hp increase.
we attributed it to two separate paths of air entering the filter perpendicular to each other causing turbulence in the air flow.

i agree with that idea ...

So with that in mind, I'm going to be ordering an intake from BAT, would I be better off with the Performance Cone Air Kit vs the Reverse Cone Air Kit? (pg.23)

JEFFtourCT... how did you cap off the KKM? Also, what do you mean by "cut the snorkel." did you completely remove the plastic air channel in the fender?

JEFFtourCT... how did you cap off the KKM? Also, what do you mean by "cut the snorkel." did you completely remove the plastic air channel in the fender?

not sure how jeff did it but jsmith used a tuperware container that was the same size as the openning, easy to try if you want to see if it makes a difference, he said he could feel the difference ...

That was going to be next question. Is there much difference in pull after closing off the KKM? Make me think I should have gone with the KKM.

eh, same thing.. better explained

went to homo depot grabbed a 3 inch rubber pipe plug, (check the pics in my cardomain) and all i did was take a ka-nife and cut where the stock intake (or KKM intake) is supposed to connect to the thing in the fender well

A "capped off" KKM would be the same as just running a regular, non reverse cone filter...

great point

Back