• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First snow of the season?

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
2 days ago, I saw the first snow accumulation here of the season. I woke up, and nothing on the ground. Took a shower, looked out the window after and saw this coming down heavy. :shocked: Left for work and after less than 10 mins of driving, snow was gone. No other surrounding towns in my area had any snow.

I got to use my Blizzaks a total of 7 mins this year. woot woot!

Last week we had a record high of 72 degrees! :crazy: :crazy:

So who else is getting wierd weather?

DSCF1394Medium.jpg

DSCF1392Medium.jpg

DSCF1391Medium.jpg

DSCF1388Medium.jpg

Oh and when I got home, there was no sign of any snow on the ground. :crazy:

In Dodge City, Kansas there has been no snow to speak of, wich is definitely not normal. In this state, sometimes you will use your heater on full blast the same day you use your a/c on full blast. And you probably think I'm kidding...

Anyway, no snow yet, but we did get the biggest freeze for as long as I can remember. It rained solid for two days and then froze. There was about a half inch of ice on everything. I snapped some pictures, but I'm not sure how to upload them. Do I need a seperate photo host?

I spend three weeks at home and I don't even get to see snow. Weak.

Funny, we had an inch or so of snow in MA once in early December but nothing else. Didn't get the dusting you got either. Seems every time we get precipitation it gets warm ... like this weekend we're supposed to go up to 50 degrees and rainy. It's January and I haven't bothered putting my snows on.

I'm sad it didn't snow at all so far, since this is the first year I have had absolutely no dependence on my car (take the subway to work, walk three houses away to the Square to get food/etc). I would trade giving up driving for a couple feet of snow since my driving is all voluntary nowadays.

We have already had more than a foot of total snow accumulation this year in the TEXAS panhandle. Some areas close to here received almost two feet in one storm recently. Figure that one out for me. Also, it is snowing and sleeting again today.

The first snow in Topeka, Ks was towards the end of Fall, today is the first snow during winter. So far just a dusting on snow, it hasn't started to accumulate yet. it is 17 degrees right now, yesterday at this time we almost hit 70 degrees :confused:.

We got our first snow a couple Saturdays ago.
We even went sledding on our street. 30 minutes later, the plow came by. woot! got some sledding in!
It pretty much melted within a day after that.

We got maybe a foot in Grand Rapids, MI (lake effect snow) so we shoveled everything into one giant pile and jumped off of our balcony into it.

Man I forgot how EXTREEEMMME!!!! we were :laugh:

harold-and-kumar-go-to-white-castle-5.jpg

Last edited:
The difference from yesterday to today around here.

Yesterday Today Conditions
High Low High Low
Guymon, OK 70° 30° 18° 8° Light Snow

Gage, OK 74° 37° 25° 14° Overcast

Childress, TX 74° 48° 34° 24° Overcast

Borger, TX 69° 38° 23° 12° Light Snow

Lubbock, TX 73° 46° 46° 27° Light Freezing Fog

Amarillo, TX 70° 45° 26° 10° Light Freezing Drizzle

Last edited:
Fri/Sat we should be getting rain but,

On sun we should get a decent sized snow storm. We'll just have to wait and see.

ahhh that looks like fun to play in :D do a few handbrake turns late at night tony?? haha

i heard that it might get into the 30's here in la... wonder if it will rain :ponder:

ahhh that looks like fun to play in :D do a few handbrake turns late at night tony?? haha

i heard that it might get into the 30's here in la... wonder if it will rain :ponder:

Nah, I didn't get to do anything. It was gone after work. :mad:

I've been going crazy waiting for a snow storm to have some fun with the SVT. I go to my old high school parking lot. Did a few 360's last winter. :crazy:

No real snow at my place yet , thank goodness :) ! I still have my summer tires on all my cars , actually . Usually they're swapped over between thanksgiving & x-mas time . It's helping the longevity of my winter tires , no doubt .

Heres a pic my wife took two days ago. Snow here in Tacoma,WA is not very common. We got just over 6 inches in one hour! That night was a fun drive to work.

544.jpg

You all call these light dustings 'storms' :laugh: I kid I kid, understandably that's effing weird for Texan weather. :help:

You know what's weird? Buffalo isn't buried under 7 feet of snow for once! And I'm not complaining! :crazy:

Last edited:
You all call these light dustings 'storms' :laugh: I kid I kid, understandably that's effing weird for Texan weather. :help:

You know what's weird? Buffalo isn't buried under 7 feet of snow for once! And I'm not complaining! :crazy:

That light dusting has a half inch of ice under it. Also, the recent storms have been bad enough to shut down the highways between here and New Mexico.

Up in Ontario here, it was like spring for the last 3 weeks. Finally got some snow that is staying on the ground for more than 6 hours. Very strange weather up here. It will be 6-10 C during the day go down to -1C over night. Trees are even budding already.

Back