• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

sub frame bolts

So I am in the process of replacing my clutch. Well I started on it yesterday and hit a snag today. My rear sub frame bolts just spin and do not loosen. I got the front two off just fine. I am sure I am not the only person that this has happened to. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I want my to continue to try to drop it through the bottom.
thanks
Joe

yes, pull back the carpet in the foot wells and look for a spot on the floor where there is a spot where you can open it up and you will be able to get to the bolts ...

just for clarification there is a black corrugated piece with sheet metal in it that can be opened up with a razor blade and tin snips. Then you can get a box wrench on the bolt 21 mm.

Have you tried a hand wrench and downward presssure (if possible) on the bolt? The idea is that the nut in the framework could be spinning over anti-rotation tabs that will hold it if it is seated. Let me know if it works!

Back