• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

crazy ice all over the contour in central texas

Kyle98SVT

New CEG'er
Yeah, so we've been having some really bad weather! Check out the pics of the layer of ice on the Contour.

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

TEXAS!!!!! i thought it would have been michigan by the looks of all the ice. sorry to see it like that but hey its only a freak storm, you dont normally see that kind of weather do you.....?

Out of state plates insinuates you're a college student. So you're in college and missed two days of classes because of a little ice? Wow ..

My college canceled classes ONCE when I was there. Precisely 24 hours in fact (11am of one day to 11am the next day). It was during the Blizzard of 2003. They usually never cancel classes.

Sheet ice like we've all been experiencing this past week or so scratches your paint so easily when it comes off. Try to park it in the garage if you can.

my contour was iced over aswell but some parts had a thin layer of air between the ice and the car kinda loked like the clear coat was coming off but its been sitting there going on a month and a half now

Out of state plates insinuates you're a college student. So you're in college and missed two days of classes because of a little ice? Wow ..

My college canceled classes ONCE when I was there. Precisely 24 hours in fact (11am of one day to 11am the next day). It was during the Blizzard of 2003. They usually never cancel classes.

Remember, we're in Texas, we don't know how to deal with this weather. And it doesn't help that I'm from Florida. And yeah, I go to Texas A&M.

Well, take the car to the nearest most empty parking lot, and start whipping your ride around. You'll learn in a hurry as to how to control your car in that situation. I know it sounds bad to suggest a public parking lot- but it was the place I learned, and had I not done so, would have definitely cost me on the main roads where there were cars or other people at the time. Not to mention, I highly doubt the entire state of Texas has an actual fleet of snowplows like we do- so understandably conditions everywhere must suck.

Edit: Welcome to the Forums, btw.

yea i think its a must have tool to know howto control your car. i havent done this with my tour yet but my old car i made sure i knew how and it saved me a few times over the years.

Ferris State University hasnt had a "snow/ice day" since the 80's the reason for this is because on the last snow/ice day they had in the 80's all of the party stores in town reported the highest liquor sales they had ever had.

Remember, we're in Texas, we don't know how to deal with this weather. And it doesn't help that I'm from Florida. And yeah, I go to Texas A&M.
heh .. yeah I know, I just heckle anyway. :p I can understand one day (kind of) but two seemed a bit much for that extent of ice even with no salt/sand on the road.

I once came out of work at 11:30pm to find my car with a layer of ice twice as thick as that. Didn't help that my defroster/heater was broken too (this was my Probe GT), I spent more than 45 minutes in the rain trying to chip it off so I could go home.

Back