• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road America (Mazda Extreme)

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
I know I posted this on the other forum earlier...

Sept 24th at Road America in Elkart Lake - WITH A BALLS TO THE WALL PARADE LAP ON THE COURSE AFTER!

here is the show info...

Mazda Extreme Street (MES) is back again for a one time event in 2006! This year MES will be held at one of the Champ Car World Series’ stops, Road America. Register your car today and be a part of the only Racing + Car show in America!

Here is some more additional info

N7390 Hwy. 67
Elkhart Lake, WI 53020

When:
- Sunday September 24th, 2006!

- Starts at 11am - 4pm

Features:
- Top Region Show Cars
- Top Region DJ to be spinning all day

- Show off your ride to 10’s of thousands of race fans

- Racing + Car show all in one outdoor experience!!
- THE only motorsports car show!

Visit www.mazdaextreme.com to Register

- $40 per vehicle registration *includes 2 tickets to MES/ Camp Car Race!!

Trophy Categories:
Best of Show - $1000 Cash Prize.
Best Mazda - 1st ($500 Cash Prize), 2nd, 3rd
Best Car Crew - By number of show points. $500 Cash Prize.
Best Car Crew - By number of show cars. $500 Cash Prize.
Best I.C.E. - In Car Entertainment
Best JDM
Best Luxury Sedan
Best SUV
Best Domestic Sport Compact - 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Best European - 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Best Honda - 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Best Honda Civic - 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Best Acura
Best Lexus
Best Mitsubishi
Best Interior
Best Nissan
Best Subaru
Best Toyota
Best Volkswagen

What we normally do is just park the car in the show - clean it and then spectate the Road America Race for the day and walk the pits because it gives you full access to the grounds. Then walk back to the car show to watch trophies and wait until they tell you to line up for a lap on the track.. all in all its a great time...

Anyone interested in going? I haven't checked into how much it is just to spectate yet as I'm assuming that everyone would be most interested in the lap after the show.

I'll be bringing a sick STi and a sick EVO with me when we caravan... Unfortunately neither of my SVTs are show material since the hail came so I might end up taking the Coug instead.

I'm interested!! And it's only 15min away from me!!:cool:
Edit: I won't have my trunklid painted by then...will they let me in??

sure.... just dont expect to win a trophy LOL.... worst case scenerio is that I park the hail damaged SVT next to your ride, guarentee they will not even notice your trunk LOL

BTW -- just looked at some stuff online and here is a little info on the race which will be running during the show...

http://www.roadamerica.com/2006/news_ra.htm

You will want to register for the Mazda carshow instead of just spectating.. its $55.00 a ticket to watch the races on Sunday where registering for the car show is $40.00 and it covers your car and admits 2

Hell, we can all park in the same little section -- I look at it this way.. you get in cheaper and get in a passenger and get the best parking spot while you are there.

I'll join you crispy [lol, but only because it sounds like Mtang is going]. I'd love to bring the newly painted cougar but I dunno if I'll have it roadgoing by then.

Yes, Mtang is going with the STi and my neighbor with his EVO is going for sure... I already called shotgun on Mtang's "parade lap" after the show :D I have health insurance now so I'm all set LOL

i wish but most likely not. its coming the first week in october. :(

YAY! I'll post up closer to the date on what time we should meet at my house for the caravan to Road America

Kyle - you want to meet at the Citgo on Hwy 23 right before the exit for Elkhart Lake?

also if anyone has 2 way walkies - grab em! If I drive the Cougar I might break down LOL

I will not be attending this event after all. Turns out I have to help my brothers out with something that i didn't know about till right before i was going to order the tickets Friday nite. It was confirmed today, that my presence will be required because they will be shorthanded on people to help, so i'm out. Sorry guys, i'll be there next year...without a slipping clutch!:crazy:

Last edited:
Well, I am assistant scoutmaster in my lil bros boy scout troop (got my eagle with that troop) and instead of hanging the other two leaders out to dry (one of which is my dad!) I decided it would be better to give them a hand, especially since this is our major fundraiser for the year. I could probably still meet you guys at the Citgo and say hi because i'll only be a few blocks away at the County Fairgrounds in Plymouth. :laugh:

Last edited:
Back