• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone ever done this?

I really like it .. but in that light the silver paint doesn't look (to me) like it matches the silver car.

It all matches, but the rest of the car is just dirty. It has been sitting in the garage all winter and hasn't been washed in about 2 1/2 months. I thought the same thing, but i washed a small area on the quarter panel and put a little bit of wax on it and it matches up perfectly.

I like it. Its a lot better IMO than no paint at all. I've always disliked completely unpainted hoods, no matter what they are made of. It makes the car look like a work in process, like the owner didn't have the money at the time to paint the hood. I know people like to show off the CF, but seeing a car with no paint on the hood at a distance looks rice to me. But this does show off the CF for people up close, and it doesn't look incomplete from a distance. Good job, I just hope more people will follow your lead....

:thumbs up:

It looks sweet and I don't believe I've ever seen another CF Contour hood like it. Way to be unique!

It is the cowl hood. I don't know why i was wanting to call it an evo hood. Anyways for clarification it is a cowl hood and not an evo hood.

My car
twotone.jpg

As soon as it gets nice outside i will be more than happy to snap a few more shots of the car as a whole rather than just the hood. As of right now though we have about an inch of snow on the ground and i dont plan on getting it out on the salty roads, but as soon as the snow melts i will be happy to get some full shots of the car.

It is the cowl hood. I don't know why i was wanting to call it an evo hood. Anyways for clarification it is a cowl hood and not an evo hood.

I have a Fiberglass EVO hood on my car -- I think probably one of the only people who has one... I wanted to paint it 2 tone in some sort of fashion and thought it would look ghey.. I wish the lines on the Contour hood were more of an angle than round.. thats what kills the idea.

I've only seen 1 hood that beats it. God forbid I can't remember who had it, but it was the EVO style CF hood. It was painted SF on the outside on the vent and said "special vehicle team" along the side of the vent edges. Was truly orgasmic

I like it alot. At one time, I actually toyed with the idea of buying a blemished CF cowl hood and painting the whole thing, especially after seeing Buckshot's. Cool, very cool.
I'd do it for sure if mine ever got damaged.

Looks pretty nice. I did mine as a paint to match (T-red) the first time around and a lot of people liked it at SZ05. Of course then I didn't lock it down one time and it blew off so that hood got sold to OwenSVT who rebuilt it and kept it in the T-red color to match his car. I couldn't have a twin to mine running around, so I went a bit different on the replacement one I bought.

Rick

Ya I am very happy with the way that mine turned out. Was your hood a carbon fiber one or was it fiberglass? I am hoping that this will get the car more attention at shows and what not because most people just look at it and think it's just a simple contour with a body kit on it.

Mine was carbon fiber. My first one didn't look as nice as it could've due to the prep not being right so the finish slightly fisheyed. If it wouldn't have gotten wrecked, I'd probably have had it repainted.

Rick

Back