• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Poly roll resistor! thanks for the input!

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
worked out great :D i was gonna fill the rear but it's gonna be too annoying if i do any more than that. thanks for the input, once again guys! glad i made that purchase.

worked out great :D i was gonna fill the rear but it's gonna be too annoying if i do any more than that. thanks for the input, once again guys! glad i made that purchase.

I had both roll resistors, the engine mount and the trans mount done on my old Zetec/MTX. The NVH was crazy.

I gutted and filled both the front and rear.... and filled the upper portion of the tranny mount. I honestly don't even notice the NVH anymore.... not that it was *that* bad to begin with.

I've had my PRT front & rear RR's in for roughly 6mos. now and the NVH is really not that noticeable anymore. Granted, next to a new(er) car with rubber mounts (particularly a higher end car) it will be quite apparent, but otherwise it's not really that big of a deal unless you're overly sensitive to vehicular vibrations. The improvement in positive feel when shifting was worth the NVH increase to me, but ymmv.

Back