• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'07 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals

Thanks -- now we'll have to mandate that everyone read the e-brake posts to make sure they work :). Nah -- that's a good spot.

I'll have the car all detailed prior to the drive out, of course -- but where to CEG folks go to do a quick wash just before the show? Nothing like a nice bug on the windshield when the car's on display.

Carlisle provides some hoses and water on site to wash cars with ...

They also give you Stoner's tire shine, and IIRC Mequires wash/wax in the goodie bag. :cool: I bring a bucket full of my detailing stuff, as it rain every year, and where we camp gets pretty muddy. :help:

I'm just a beer drinking Ford fanatic, and I'm bringing [/B]my[/B] car so I have something to lean on in the showfield, lest I imbibe one too many Budweisers. :cool:

As long as it's only your car. :) I get queasy when I see someone lean on a car. I'd have to drop you if you lean on my car. :laugh: :D ;)

Just a reminder... bring something warm to wear, one day it will be cold and rainy. Hopefully this year tradition will break and it will be nice all three days. Be prepared and bring something so you don't freeze your *** off.

I'll watch my step. :cool:

Robert Palmer was once asked for his perspective on drug and alcohol use, what with the use of such being so common among performing musicians. He responded that he'd never understood the point of getting up there without your wits.

Same thing here -- like a friend of mine says, "Have a good time, but don't be an ass****."

Of course, if one did get to feeling weary after a few too many, we're in good position to handle that -- one could just fall into the hillside, soften the fall. 'Course, you fall downhill, you're on your own. Have to sort it out with the Torino folks at the bottom.

As for the weather -- good point. Here's hoping its 75 and sunny the entire time, though, eh?

All I can seem to think about these days is the Nationals and getting the car ready. I'm really enjoying it, but I'll be most pleased when I can just sit back and enjoy the finished product.

It's kinda a tradition for Geoff and me to set up our tent during a thunderstorm Friday night.:laugh: Then, once it's up, the rain will stop for the weekend. :shrug:

It's kinda a tradition for Geoff and me to set up our tent during a thunderstorm Friday night.:laugh: Then, once it's up, the rain will stop for the weekend. :shrug:

well I guess I need to get out to the hotel and get the car covered before you go and set your tent up ...

^ I knew you would agree with me. :D Allen will too.

You're four Brian. ;)
What hotel are you staying at?

Were stayin at the red-roof cuz thats where they usually stay lol.
I'm really lookin forward to seein all yall there haha.....and I just got another good idea for my car....it will look really nice when its done....its a secret though :p

Another idea for the car? Can't wait to see what you've done. :)

Haha I can tell you this one....you know the Krylon Hammered Steeld paint...well I got the really dark gray one...and im paintin my interior door handles, dash panel, hvac panel, and all those plastic parts with that....should look pretty sweet...this is what they look like right now

Attachments

• interior.JPG
    interior.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Haha I can tell you this one....you know the Krylon Hammered Steeld paint...well I got the really dark gray one...and im paintin my interior door handles, dash panel, hvac panel, and all those plastic parts with that....should look pretty sweet...this is what they look like right now

I want to do the same thing as you did except in silver frost. I got stupid overlays as a "dash kit" and i think they look like crap. I wasted over a 100 bucks on them. But yeah, yours looks good!

Lol....I just bought plastic primer, the hammered steel spray paint, and spray clearcoat....its what i used for the silver dash in that pic up there lol...only that was just metallic silver spray paint. Cost about 15 bucks if that lol

Mine is gonna be a dark gunmetal hammered steel color...heres a pic of the cap of the can

Here are a few pics of the car right now....it goes in this evening for repaint...i get it back later this week

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bradwilson45_07/album?.dir=/5605re2

Attachments

• cap.JPG
    cap.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I can't go to Carlisle. dad's riverfront show is that weekend and him and mom don't trust me driving up there alone.....it sucks cause i want to go.
Maybe next year. lemme know is there is any other meets or something.

Hey man no hard feelings. Family always comes before contours....dont forget that. You will see us at some meets....I'd kinda like to get one together at my work....but not many of you would be there....lol. I live in central-western Ohio hahaha. I might try to get a few of us Ohio CEGers there and take some pics for you guys to see our cars.

oh yeah...

MY CAR IS AT THE PAINTSHOP RIGHT NOW WOOOOOT.....GET IT BACK THURSDAY OR FRIDAY

Back