• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any locals looking for CSVT ?

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
I came across this CSVT while looking around on AutoTrader and I just wanted to post an FYI for the locals . I do not have any vested interest in this car whatsoever , I just don't want a local to miss a chance to have one .

It's a Black & Blue 2000 Contour SVT (click to see info) - from the pics it looks pretty nice , and appears to be all there & un-modded . The car is in Schuylkill Haven .

Last edited:
Lol, so did this:

w640.jpg

:shrug: :rolleyes:

I took a ride today & looked at the CSVT . Pretty darn nice ride for 100k miles . I took it for a good-ole run & it ran 100% (no rider w/me) . It's been a long time since I've driven a 100% stock CSVT . I'll hopefully have pics up tonight ...

OK - bear with me here ... I'm just getting started figuring out Yahoo Photos :eek: .

CLICK HERE for the photos of this CSVT .

I took pics of any flaws I noticed on the car - maybe I needed Christine with me to look closer ;) . Seriously , it looked pretty OK for a CSVT with 100k on it . No dents/dings on the car to speak of , just the normal scuffs/scratches (lower frt. bumper scuffs & a scuff on the rear bumper) - one wheel has very light curb scuffs . I believe it had a radiator replacement , as I saw what looked like fittings for ATX tranny lines along the pass. side of the radiator (took a pic or 2) .
Any questions/comments about the pics ... lemme know , I'll try to remember what I saw .

In all actuality , it's what they ought to bring . Ask Glenn what he paid for his last CSVT ...

Only they know why it's priced like that . If you're interested in it , go & make 'em a lowball offer . Seemed like a nice driving car .

Last edited:
If I had the money, I'd be there. I'm happy with my red CSVT for now, and when it's time for a new car I'm might move on to something with all wheel drive.

Wow, I don't like yahoo photos. LOL I had to click and drag 20 photos to use the slideshow feature. :shrug:
Anyway, you think the radiator was replaced? Wonder if the water pump went and plugged it? Is there any difference between the non-svt and svt radiators? I know these cars need a lot of cooling with these engines.
If I only had the money...

I remember reading that the non SVT radiator is the same part number as the SVT one. IIRC, it is 2" thick.

It would be nice if that was the going price for these cars!

I paid less than that for mine 4 yrs ago with 79 on the clock from a dealer.
Definitely, if you are interested, make an offer and see where it goes.

Looks like a nice ride.

that is a replacement radiator ... i had to replace the radiator in my 95 and I have a similar setup, there are ports for the atx cooler that look just like that ... also why is the high pressure port for the AC bent backwards like it looks like it is?

otherwise the conditions looks pretty good ... hmmm .... if I could reason it ...

John - in the upper right corner of the thumbnail section , click "select all on this page" , then click on "slideshow" .

I think the SVT radiator is bigger than non-SVT one (was billed as such) , but the non-SVT one works 100% fine in there . Not sure about the A/C pipe :shrug: .

Last edited:
Back