• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Emission Results

96BlackSE

CEG'er
ASM2525 Test
-------Limit---------Reading
HC ppm 273------------7
CO % 2.17------------0.01
NO ppm 2868-------------63

Curb Idle Test
---------- Limit--------Reading
HC ppm 300-----------16
CO % 1.50-----------0.03

This is with the stock cat and no egr ;)

Last edited:
Yea, I was just thinking about emissions earlier today. Now that I have done the 3L swap, is that going to trip any alarms when I run my car through emissions? I went a year or so ago, and all the did was hook up one of their scanners to the obd2 port in the car. Is anything going to be funky next time I go there? I am running all 2.5 sensors and stuff, and the opened up exhaust of course...

Aaron, I tested under the 'hot rod status', the mechanic that did the test was actually impressed and said that my car did better than most of the newer cars that he has seen...

Here in Ontario they put the car on the dyno and put some sniffers in the exhaust doing the test both at idle and 40km/h

Nima, thanks for letting me know that. I'm interested to see what my emissions numbers are going to be like with the Stage 4 Cams. Good thing I don't have to emmissions test until 2008 tho.

Aaron

I just got mine done a couple days ago at Active Green and Ross and short of putting an RPM sensor on the windshield and a sniffer up each pipe they didn't check anything else, I have heard of some places pulling codes from the car or checking for codes as well as refusing to do an e-test if there are codes without fixing them (cash grab imo).

Having spoken to the shop manager at AG&R about the Drive Clean system they have there it's no wonder some places try to get money out of you if they can, as all the testing system does is COST them money and only $10 of the fee goes to the tester the rest goes into government coffers (and apparently $8 to the software developer).

Now that I passed, time to gut the pre-cats and get a hi-flow! :)

Back