• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone have xcal in va?

98_C-SVT

CEG'er
I have 3l contour and have 20k miles on the swap and never had a problem. Always ran little rough at idle. Got a air/fuel gauge and it idles around 15.1. Good or bad?

Well anyways like title says anyone have xcal in va or dc area that I can borrow so I can tune my car? Will pay to use. Would be even better if there a turn loaded on it :)

Specs, 3l build with svt intake, still has workin secondaries, full exhuast, (headers back)

Any help work be great cuz now its my only car, with wife and kid at home I need good running car.

Unfortunately you can’t borrow a XCAL that someone else is using. You need to purchase one that is unlocked. Meaning the car that the XCAL was used on is set back to stock. I found a XCAL2 on EBAY for $100.

15.1 is normal for your idle, should be 13 at WOT. As stated you need to buy your own xcal, for the tune you can get a cheap email tune from NPG for $200, but it wont be as good of quality as a dyno tune that runs around $500.

ditto ^

If you're looking for a place to get it dyno tuned, go to Performance Autosports in Richmond. Owner and a tech both used to own SVT Contours and specialize in xcal tunes.

Back