• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT Suspension to Canada? How much$!!?!?!?

Danno-23

CEG'er
Has anyone from Canada ordered the BAT Springs & Struts kit from Florida?
It seems almost impossible for them to give me a price including all shipping and brokerage fees.

Next best thing I can do is order from Tire Rack: H&R springs, with KYB-GR2 struts (not a sport strut).Tire Rack gives me a full price with shipping and everything. 499.99 for the kit, plus about 170$ for shipping, tax, duty, and brokerage. Damn friggin good, but not so good for oem struts, on lowering springs. Their Koni Sports, are 200$ a piece... So I really want the BAT kit, but need a proper price!

Let me know what your total was!!

Thanks Chris!
Jeeze, thats a hard decision on a car thats 10 years old. But theres no way around it. Stock springs and struts at 94000 miles are completely gone.

I ordered some struts from BAT and had them shipped to Alaska. The shipping was a big snafu for the longest time, and BAT worked out a deal with me. I'm not sure I'd ship struts that far again. RockAuto shipped springs much more reasonably.

Ended up buying H&R springs, from Essex Distributors in BC, somethin like $250, plus $20 flat rate shipping.
Struts were impossible to find anything decent, so I unfortunately went with Monroe Sensatracs from Canadian tire. On sale for roughly $120 a piece. Canadian Tire had them 25% off that week, and also un advertised in the store, Monroe was offering a rebate on a purchase of 4, for the value of 1 strut.
So the final total Was about $700 taxes included. A lot less than I probably would have gotten the BAT kit for. Monroes aren't horrible. Just a little jittery from not being a lowering strut.

I hate to say it, but for a few bucks more, you could have got complete coil-over suspension. I'm not a big fan of them, but it all depends on how you set them up and what you were looking for to begin with.
On a good note, I've had Monroe Sensatracs before and loved them, they just do not last long with lowering springs because you're already in the "stiff" part of the dampening because you're lower. They do not preform properly.
Anywho.. I hope you like the new ride!

Mike

Yeah, I looked into that, but the coil-over kits would have been nearly $1100 plus tax and shipping. So it probably would have been $500 more. I wanted to get away with as cheap as possible, but still maintaining some decency.
Realize that the struts will wear out sooner, but the deciding factor was that the sensatracs actually have a lifetime replacement warranty. Take them back to canadian tire, and bam, the ever smiling 16 year old at the customer service counter gives me a new one on the spot.
You're completely right about the "stiff" part of the strut. They have active damping technology or whatever they call it, so the hydraulic chamber gets narrower and provides increasingly more resistance the further in the strut goes.
Would I do it again? Hard to say... I'll have to see how it goes this spring.

Good call. Just make sure you don't tell that smiling 16yr old that you have lowering springs or they won't replace them. I found out the hard way with my first Probe way way back.
Hope you enjoy the new ride!

Mike

Back