• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake woes

skunk

Veteran CEG'er
Pulled the Contour out of winter storage and when I stepped on the brakes it pulled hard to the right every time , Knowing the age of my 'tour I figured a hose went bad and was stopping fluid from returning or a bad caliper. I replaced calipers/hoses both sides at my buddies shop, Everything bleed fine. Test drove it and it pulled to the right again . Called parts store they are getting caliper/hose for that side incase faulty out of the box but me I think it's a shot in the dark.

I have ABS with traction control. My question is does the contour with ABS have proportioning valves/block or does it run through the ABS pump ? I'm wondering if the pressure is uneven and causing that side to stick.

It drives fine and brakes are not dragging just happens when I step on the brake. Any insight would be great .

Still pulls. Put it on my friends computer at his ship. Cycled the abs unit at first front brakes wouldn't cycle but eventually it started . Did a full fluid exchange and teh pump acted up again. Test drove still same results. Ordered NOS pump from Green sales . Car was alignment last year late spring car was fine drove perfect. We checked tires and suspension all good so it's hydraulic related . Hoping new pump assembly works .

Back