• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Click

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Today on the highway I noticed when I take my foot off the accelerator then slightly apply it there is a click. Any idea what the click is? It is not a click click click just one click. Almost sounds like something in the drivetrain/ clutch area.
Just curious,
Bill

First issues with the linkage, second issues with getting it in to fourth gear, third issues with clicking sound...

I'm sorry
herbs_lemon.jpg

No it doesnt have more problems than a math book. What forth gear thing are you talking about Robert? Having slight resistence to getting it into that gear? Problem solved with adding the Royal Purple. The only issue I have had is the shift cable popped off when you slammed it into 3rd gear but that is now fixed. I was just curious on what the click was. I know NOTHING about a manual trans (I am certified in ATX's not MTX's), and just wanted to know what was happening in there.
Next time Ill just go to how stuff works and figure it out.
Rant off!

Last edited:
Check gas pedal. You may need to spray the links (and spring) with WD40. The other thing to check is the cable on the TB or Cruise Control assembly. Once again, you may need to spray some WD40 on it.

Back