• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

contour chip

Chips are a thing of the past. Now people use handheld tuners that plug into your OBDII port. But your probably talking at least $500-600 buy the time you get Xcal and custom tune. What do you have for mods? If your close to stock I wouldn't bother.

Chips are a thing of the past. Now people use handheld tuners that plug into your OBDII port. But your probably talking at least $500-600 buy the time you get Xcal and custom tune. What do you have for mods? If your close to stock I wouldn't bother.

I personally think some good power can be had whether your stock or modded. I bet he could at least pick up 10 whp, not to mention, increased fuel economy.

And custom tunes can be loaded on chips to make them just as good as a handheld tuning device, but cheaper. You lose the datalogging capability, ease of changing tunes, and ability to scan codes though.

And custom tunes can be loaded on chips to make them just as good as a handheld tuning device, but cheaper. You lose the datalogging capability, ease of changing tunes, and ability to scan codes though.

....And if you get a "canned tune" would would need to datalog to make it perfect. A Dyno tune should be 100% correct the first time.

Back