• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Coolant Reservoir

mystiquevltwin

Hard-core CEG'er
I need to replace my coolant reservoir as the plastic is getting brittle. Im on Team Ford Parts and I see that they have 4 different tanks.

10/97 to 6/98
From 10/97
From 6/98
To 10/97

My Mystique was built 6/98 but when I go into that category, there is only a tank for the 2.5, not the 2.0. The 2.0 is only offered in the "From 10/97" and "To 10/97"

My question is what is different (other than price :help:) on those years from 6/98 and can I use the different year tanks?

TIA

the difference in the pre98 tanks is that the duratec has a second small hose coming off the tank. This runs to the radiator and the other goes across the engine bay to the upper radiator hose. now the only difference I have noticed about the post 98 tanks is the size and the additional hose as mentioned. now if you have ever replaced the radiator all replacements, at least the ones I have seen, have the fitting for the second coolant tank hose. so if you have one its just capped off, and the duratec tank can be used with the addition of the hose. I did this on my 95.

Back