• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DPFE

gorman

Hard-core CEG'er
Hi guys; i'm swapping out my dpfe sensor because of dtc codes.

Could someone tell me please, which pipe goes where.

On my sensor it says REF and HI.

I need to know if the top pipe on the exhaust goes to REF or HI.

I know the pipes and hoses are different sizes ... i just need to know if REF goes to top or bottom (upstream/ downstream on the exhaust) .... thanks ....G.

I think the hoses only go on one way due to the different sizes and the nipples on the sensor also are different sizes as well. At least those that I have seen are like that.

Just go with the size differences. It's fool proof. If i'm reading you right tho, i'm guessing u wanna make sure the hoses weren't switched accidentally. I do believe the top manifold hose connects to the front nipple on the sensor, while the bottom hose connects the rear nipple on the sensor. In other words those hoses cross each other or make an 'X' when fitted.

Iff i'm reading you right tho, i'm guessing u wanna make sure the hoses weren't switched accidentally. I do believe the top manifold hose connects to the front nipple on the sensor, while the bottom hose connects the rear nipple on the sensor. In other words those hoses cross each other or make an 'X' when connected

thank you ... yes i'm checking the old one is shot ...

The new black plastic one has cleared the P0402 (excessive flow) code.

Just for the record, my black plastic one has the pipes side by side, the metal one was front and rear.

The REF on the plastic one, goes to the small downstream exhaust take off pipe. The Hi goes to the larger upstream exhaust take off. .....G.

thank you ... yes i'm checking the old one is shot ...

The new black plastic one has cleared the P0402 (excessive flow) code.

Just for the record, my black plastic one has the pipes side by side, the metal one was front and rear.

The REF on the plastic one, goes to the small downstream exhaust take off pipe. The Hi goes to the larger upstream exhaust take off. .....G.

Cool. Thanks for that clarification. That should help someone down the road.

Back