• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno'd 1998.5 SVT

So after driving the car for 2 weeks i just had to know what hp it was making

Now i do :)

First Pass - 173.9hp @ 6345rpm - Torque - 157.8 @ 4710rpm
Second Pass - 177.6hp @ 6430rpm - Torque - 162.3 @ 2950rpm

The difference in the 2 torque rpm numbers is where the secondary runner kicks in .. it dips down for maybe 650 - 700 rpm and then bumps back up and stays pretty flat the rest of the way (my guess is most of our cars do the same kind up torque curve)

To my knowlage the car only has a k&n cone filter and a Magaflow exaust on it

Ill try and scan the report later and upload it but i just wanted to share right away

Those are so really good numbers man!!
Where did you dyno and what type of dyno do they have?

Those are so really good numbers man!!
Where did you dyno and what type of dyno do they have?

The place is a small shop called C&S in Windsor

As far as what type of Dyno ... beats me :)

Interestingly enough the 2 guys that run the place both guessed within 5 hp if the acutal number before we even straped it on

I'll ask them what type / brand the Dyno is and get back to you

Stock CSVT's hit about 164whp 148tq

So with just those mods you put down some good numbers.

Get headers. I have basically the same mods + headers and put down 10hp more. 10hp on an under 200hp car for $200-$600 is a good deal.

Those are good numbers indeed. I'm afraid to dyno my car after the awd is in because I don't want to see a low number. I don't suspect it will be more than 160 awhp. That's if I'm lucky and build a great exhaust and do a great tune.

good numbers man, 137k miles and still running great it seems. did you let off in the end, because I was expecting to see a peak close to where a stocker peaks, 6625 I believe.

edit: when did the contour get the bump to 200hp? 98.5...99...or 00?

good numbers man, 137k miles and still running great it seems. did you let off in the end, because I was expecting to see a peak close to where a stocker peaks, 6625 I believe.

edit: when did the contour get the bump to 200hp? 98.5...99...or 00?

When Chuck Norris sneezed near one.

99+

Good numbers for sure, I remember putting down 171 hp with my CSVT at SZ04' and I had true duals (2 1/4") and 8" K&N w/BAT pipe.

Back