• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Hoist and Stand

Knauberized

CEG'er
I'm not selling these but figured I could offer them to local Contour guys if you guys ever need. What brought this up is seeing 281 needing one at some point for his 3L swap.

Oh yea, hi and stuff.

Good idea!

I finally found a friend that actually had two hoists, lol. I picked up a stand a few years back at Carlisle for $50.

You actually needed two hoists? o_O

I knew it was awkward and cramped in the engine bay but didn't know it was that serious. Wanna do a 3L for/with me in 5 years? :)

Why wait? I can do one for you now... ;)

And no, you don't need two hoists to swap. I will when I lift the body of my '64 Pontiac Catalina off its frame, though...

LoL! I didn't mean I needed both of them...he just had two. I only borrowed one.

So far the swap is pretty cut and dry...if only I can get everything I needed together at one time, lol.

Nice of you to offer, if I come down to visit my Brother in law anytime soon I will take you up on the offer. My swap is stalled by lack of a stand.

Why wait? I can do one for you now... ;)

And no, you don't need two hoists to swap. I will when I lift the body of my '64 Pontiac Catalina off its frame, though...

It's my daily for the time being and want to get all the life I can outta this engine. I only have 134k on it and it still runs fairly strong. When I do get to the point where I can afford the swap I will be getting pretty much the whole body a "refresh" as there are no major dents. All my jack hole covers are missing and I've been victim to several hit and runs that left scrapes on the whole left side of the car and various other places. Plus I was victim to my own crap "attempts" at fixing the pain in several key places. I'll be doing shocks and wheels as well at this time. I kinda want it to be all done at the same time so it'll be completely ready to go in an like new form, built the way SVT should have.

I bet the frame job will be way too much fun. Are you sure you won't need 4?

Back