• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford OEM clutch kits, prices

These kits come with clutch, pressure plate, Slave Cyl with bearing, and alignment tool. NO CORE charge

2.0L 95-97
F5RZ-7L596-CA List $201.16 CEG $185.00

2.0L 98-2000
F7RZ-7L596-AA List $194.46 CEG $181.00

2.5l
F7RZ-7L596-BA List $221.94 CEG $200.00

2.5l SVT
F7RZ-7L596-EA List $325.13 CEG $300.00

wow the 2.5l svt is a little steep. i would be able to get all of these same kits for less than that. i can get the 2.5 svt kit for 275.00 with no core charge as well as many other parts direct from ford. i just bought a factory clutch for my 99 svt direct from ford for less than what the non svt version sells for.

Last edited:
For an OEM setup, with Slave Cyl.? Below is what you used to have to by, before the kit came along. The CEG price is almost identical to what I sell to all my wholesale customers locally.

i just bought a factory clutch for my 99 svt direct from ford for less than what the non svt version sells for.

Are you sure, I highly doubt it.

F7RZ-7550-AA List $116.43 CEG $108.36
F7RZ-7563-AA List $122.31 CEG $113.84
F5RZ-7A508-A List $110.63 CEG $86.50
$308.70 + $22 in core, plus no alignment tool.

i got my parts direct from Mace Lincoln Mercury in Terre Haute Indiana. i paid (as i am looking at my receipt right now) 96.23 for the disc, 91.05 for the pressure plate, and 58.79 for the throw out bearing. i bought this before ford offered the whole kit. i had to piece mine together with my local parts dealer there. i can give part numbers too if you would like.

which i am sorry about my mathematical skills but it is only 46 bucks more than the non-svt version. and still 54.00 less than what you are selling them for. which is the reason that i decided to post about my parts buying experience with ford direct. i am a local shop manager and i dont buy a ton of things through direct dealers, but what i do buy i usually get a very good deal on.

which i am sorry about my mathematical skills but it is only 46 bucks more than the non-svt version. and still 54.00 less than what you are selling them for. which is the reason that i decided to post about my parts buying experience with ford direct. i am a local shop manager and i dont buy a ton of things through direct dealers, but what i do buy i usually get a very good deal on.

He must have sold that Slave Cyl. at below cost. Right now the cost on that item is $69.70 with an MSRP of $110.63. The other parts were probably 10% over cost. I can get parts from other dealers somtimes for 50% off the dealer cost becuase they had it in stock too long and can not send it back to Ford.

could have been the possibility but i know that they had to order all of my stuff in because they did not stock anything for the car. i dont know and i was tryin to make a big deal out of it i just thought i would put in my 2 cents.

could have been the possibility but i know that they had to order all of my stuff in because they did not stock anything for the car. i dont know and i was tryin to make a big deal out of it i just thought i would put in my 2 cents.

Also, time plays a part. Ford updates pricing every month, and there are 2 major price changes in Jan. and July.

I have no problem. I was just posting prices for CEG member to look at.

Everyone have a great weekend. :laugh:

The real issue here is that Bill gives great prices all the time to anyone. When I worked for a dealer, I could get a better deal than buying from Bill. Now that I don't work for a dealer, not only does Bill give me a great price, he provides better service than the guys I worked with ever did.

The real issue here is that Bill gives great prices all the time to anyone. When I worked for a dealer, I could get a better deal than buying from Bill. Now that I don't work for a dealer, not only does Bill give me a great price, he provides better service than the guys I worked with ever did.

Amen to that! I have that exact same experience.

People should remember that companies need to make a profit too, and there is nothing wrong with that. I know saving every penny is important but not at the expense of all the service that can be provided when you actually Pay fairly the people who work for you.

I don't think anyone in here likes to work for free.....at least not for long.

Back