• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IA guys, can you guess the location

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Of this picture?

bacon.jpg

I know where that is... went there to eat before my buddies bachelor party. It's about 10-12 minutes from my house. There is a very popular race track in Florida that it's named after. :D
Erick --

I had forgotten the name of the restaurant that sat there, but yeah, I think you've got it. I-80 & Merle Hay is where you're thinking right.

I had forgotten the name of the restaurant that sat there, but yeah, I think you've got it. I-80 & Merle Hay is where you're thinking right.
Yep. Good ole' Merle Hay. Used to be the Merle Hay Auto Mile. Now Des Moines Chrysler is closed, Stivers is reduced to used cars, and Kia moved out to that 141 area. Oh well.
Erick --

Yep. Good ole' Merle Hay. Used to be the Merle Hay Auto Mile. Now Des Moines Chrysler is closed, Stivers is reduced to used cars, and Kia moved out to that 141 area. Oh well.
Erick --

DAMN! I think I knew about DMC had closed, hasn't Stiver's been out west for a while? Kia's gone too now, wow. What about Charles "I'll screw ya every way possible" Gabus Ford, they still there? We used to live on 51st street between Hickman and Urbandale Ave.

Not sure about Gabus. It's still there, but I don't take any of my cars there! :) He actually owns most of those dealerships anyway. DCP was his, KIA, Toyota, and I thought there was another one in there too. I think KIA was picked up by someone else, then combined with some other import brands and now there is some Des Moines Import Superstore WAYYYYY out west.
Erick --

That's right, Gabus did have DCP, I didn't realize he had Toyota also. I wouldn't take anything out there either, their shady.

gabus owns alot......just like dewey ford, dewey dodge, and stew hansons dodge are all owned by the same guy....but i cant remember if it was dewey or stew that owns them

Back