• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Longtube headers

it wont clear the oil pan without cutting it up.

Yeah I know. I already had it cut and re-welded. Just trying to find a flange and a gasket which will match the headers flange. Master Muffler just slapped on a flange to my exhaust which allows exhaust to escape. It's not oval , not round , not square.. Looks like a big turd . Their excuse is that they cannot make flanges.

Ha ha , thanks. I would be nice to drive the car for over 30,000 miles though. Last rebuild my pisons kind of melted and lost all of my compression . Engine would just crank but not start. Had fuel and ignition.. So here I am on rebuild # 2 and also the last. That's what I said last time...:crazy:

why not just pick up a pair of 2 bolt flanges and a gasket. then just cut off the current flanges and weld on the new ones. :shrug:

why not just pick up a pair of 2 bolt flanges and a gasket. then just cut off the current flanges and weld on the new ones. :shrug:

I've traced the header flange onto a paper and gave it to a friend. He will attempt to make a flange and the gasket should be simple. That is a good idea , just didn't want to remove my headers and go through all that trouble...but will probably have to.

I suggest Walker brand gaskets. They're a soft metallic-like gasket that kind of squishes into the flange, sealing it up really well. If you can't find a gasket that matches the flange from them, then I suggest finding material like it in order to make one.

I second striker, just put on 2bolt flanges. alot simpler of a task then all the searching and work to make that one. just sayin...

Get a 2-bolt with Walker Part # 31578 (Exhaust flange gasket)

Thanks guys.
A friend of mine is currently making me a flange replica off the headers flange. At least trying to. I'll probably make myself a gasket..If that doesnt' work out I'm grabbing the 2-bolt flanges for sure.

I suggest Walker brand gaskets. They're a soft metallic-like gasket that kind of squishes into the flange, sealing it up really well. If you can't find a gasket that matches the flange from them, then I suggest finding material like it in order to make one.

You rock!

Back