• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for help.

Stilz

New CEG'er
I'm looking for a little assistance, and bare with me there's a story to go along with this.

About a year ago now I purchased a 98 T-red Contour SVT from a guy named Jeff Lynch, in Plymouth, MN. The car was in bad condition, but much better than most that I see. Craigslist add was for $750 and it didn't start. Went over there with a gas can and hope, and it fired right up. He then asked if I didn't mind upping the price a bit. i said because I was being nice, and he was nice, that I would go $900. He didn't have a title on hand, but he said he would go to the DMV right away and order a new one.
It was hard keeping contact with him waiting for the title, and he didn't order a new one until March. This irritated me. I got ahold of him once or twice in the few months I was waiting. Then lost all communication with him. I went to his wife's work, because it was the only contact I know... i was polite, and even purchased a meal there and ate as to not cause any issues. She was nice and helped me get back in touch with him on the topic. He said it has been ordered, but never showed up. In April... I left due to Military Deployment, and came home on pass late May. I was able to get in touch with him, and he came to my house and we talked. We wrote up a bill of sale, stating that He sold me the car, and I was able to have possession of it until the title arrived. I also gave him my wives cell, and our house number to keep in contact with updates.
June 1st, I left for Kuwait, and then to Iraq. I came home on R&R in October, and tried getting ahold of him... it took a couple of days, but I did. He said he had to go order another one. I went to the DMV and they told me that the last one was ordered in March, and there used to be a lien on the car... Yet another complication. they also said that the Bill of Sale really didn't do much for me, unless I wanted to take legal action. When I spoke with him, he had said that he had moved to Big Lake, MN, and gave me his new address, and a new number. My wife has called him multiple times since then, and has had no answer.
Well, here i am, its December. I'm going to be home in a few weeks, and I need to get this all figured out, and taken care of. Mainly, because I need a car to drive. My SVTF is down, and it will be a while before that is running again, and the SVTC has just been sitting... and sitting... picking at my brain.
If anyone out there, might know a way to get in touch with him, being I know he asked me initially if I was a member of this forum, and he said he knew a couple people on here, I would DEEPLY appreciate it.
He has been nothing but polite to me, and I have been nothing but patient with him... but this has gone too far.
PLEASE... someone get back to me. I'll try and check back as much as I can, internet sucks out here.
I would prefer if you emailed me directly.
spcstilz@gmail.com

Thank you,

Rob Walker - Stilz

I say cut your losses and sell the vehicle as a parts car to someone on craigs list. I've gone through title issues like this and it is no fun at all. You only paid $900 for it so you should be able to get that putting it up on craigs list.

I paid $22k for a car and waited 5 years to get title which I still don't know how or why it came to me. A dealer basically sold a bunch of cars closed up shop and took off without ever paying the liens off on the titles. It was a massive pain in the ass. I sold the car about a month after I got the title so I wouldn't have to worry about something coming back on me.

i agree with blackcoog, it sucks but you really dont have much you can do here, your kinda sol, sorry rob. ps, hope to meet up with ya when your back hit me up.

I say cut your losses and sell the vehicle as a parts car to someone on craigs list. I've gone through title issues like this and it is no fun at all. You only paid $900 for it so you should be able to get that putting it up on craigs list.

I paid $22k for a car and waited 5 years to get title which I still don't know how or why it came to me. A dealer basically sold a bunch of cars closed up shop and took off without ever paying the liens off on the titles. It was a massive pain in the ass. I sold the car about a month after I got the title so I wouldn't have to worry about something coming back on me.

i agree with blackcoog, it sucks but you really dont have much you can do here, your kinda sol, sorry rob. ps, hope to meet up with ya when your back hit me up.

Thanks guys. i appreciate the advice. I'm going to try one more time when i get home here around the holidays, then see where it goes. I did a bunch of front end work to it, and picked up a set of E0s for it... for I would be losing out at $900 parting it out. I'm going to hope I can get something out of him. Maybe buy a beater till spring... or find someone to help me with my timing belt on my SVTF... I swear he said he knew someone on here... maybe it was Tyler... i dont remember. I know I've met a couple guys off here, and they are nothing but great guys, so we will definitely have to hook up or something, once I get mobile again.

Back