• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need some help?

Mr_Buddha

CEG'er
I live near Owatonna, MN and want to offer my help to those around me. I love to drive, so a 1-3+ hours drive is nothing BTW.

If you are doing some work or want to on the contour and would like an extra set of hands/eyes hit me up via PM.

I see many of the other area groups are getting together often and helping eachother out. I see no reason why we can't also, so I will start it off.

I am a very competant mechanic with a decent set of my own tools, yes many specialty ones also.

I am not offering a rent a helper service here, talking free. Just would like to meet a few of you and help out where I can.

No job to big or small in my opinion, as long as it improves the car.

Cool. There are a couple of us here Faribault that seem to always have something going on. Whether its working on the Contours or busting my knuckles on the Chevys.

hmmm, o town ya dont say? i grew up there. we should all meet up, i'm planning to be pulling my engine and trans to do a bunch of work very soon.

It'd be nice to see a few other cars and what all has been done to them. Mine is a bit of a work in progress for now, still a lot of fun though.

I have an unusual job that requires me to stay within a certain driving distance of Owatonna nearly all the time. I am nearly always around in one form or another. Weekends are obviously better for most of us I would assume.

No garage at my place, but I can use my nice and large heated shop at work, only drawback, it's very noisy. During the winter, IDC, it's heated LOL.

Newb, if you have not gotten real far on your headlights, we should meet up and try to do some one weekend, projectors are on my short list as well.

None of you in Faribault were selling parts from an SVT recently on CG were you? Had some dealings with someone recently on there who thought their upper intake, stripped, was worth like $400, OEM

None of you in Faribault were selling parts from an SVT recently on CG were you? Had some dealings with someone recently on there who thought their upper intake, stripped, was worth like $400, OEM

Not that I am aware of.....:laugh:

Alright, just figured I'd ask. Someone just parted one out in Faribault last month on CL though. Unfortunately the entire drivetrain he said was already sold. I forget the color.

Near Owatonna, in Claremont...... huge town, I know. It's the job, it's here.

I'm am pretty much always either around the area or at work, I have to be. I have a ton I need to do, but love to work on this stuff also. Paint/buy some calipers. Take care of some minor rust on my doors. Find a decent local machine shop for some head work and port matching I need done soon also.

If any of you can recommend a decent paint shop around here I would buy you a beer. I know of a few competent ones in Northfield, but they only seem to do good work on their own projects. I fear my rust-phobia methods of removal and revention will require a paint job when I am done.

www.bighleyautobody.com

i know its not in the area but i'm buddies with the owner and he takes care of you, i was gonna have him do mine but then decided i would try it myselfe.

i have all four e1 calipers i would sell ya, pm me.

glad to see another CEGer in MN. Im always working on something and getting it ready to paint it seems. I finally got another CSVT 6 weeks ago since I had to sell my last, and still havent got to drive it yet. So i constantly working on it, getting close now, then just alot of sandig and priming till I can afford the HOK paint for it. Also going to bet getting newb car ready to paint in the near future also. Always love to help other and get help as well. Thats what make this car hobby great. I live in Anoka. And am only 4 miles for Mike CSVT#49, he has what will be the baddest CSVT in minnesota hands down in a few month, hope to help him get his car ready for paint soon also. With any luck at all this summer will have atleast 3 fresh painted saweeet CSVT rolling around. Wanna make it 4? come on up and lets work on some cars! PM or text sometime and well set something up. 763-222-4585

glad to see another CEGer in MN. Im always working on something and getting it ready to paint it seems. I finally got another CSVT 6 weeks ago since I had to sell my last, and still havent got to drive it yet. So i constantly working on it, getting close now, then just alot of sandig and priming till I can afford the HOK paint for it. Also going to bet getting newb car ready to paint in the near future also. Always love to help other and get help as well. Thats what make this car hobby great. I live in Anoka. And am only 4 miles for Mike CSVT#49, he has what will be the baddest CSVT in minnesota hands down in a few month, hope to help him get his car ready for paint soon also. With any luck at all this summer will have atleast 3 fresh painted saweeet CSVT rolling around. Wanna make it 4? come on up and lets work on some cars! PM or text sometime and well set something up. 763-222-4585

i'd be in for this, a nice little meet

I'd be down for a meet too. Mine will be the least impressive for now. :p

I heard about 49's build, it sounds pretty mean. I still need a little more research before I can start my engine build.

Yea once things start to get close maybe I'll host a little meet at my place if people are interested. Maybe when I get to the point where I'm dropping the engine in or something. Have a BBQ and a few drinks on my deck.

Yea once things start to get close maybe I'll host a little meet at my place if people are interested. Maybe when I get to the point where I'm dropping the engine in or something. Have a BBQ and a few drinks on my deck.

I don't think there will be a lack of interest.

no lack of interest. Hell, invite us over early in the day and we can help you drop it in and hear it run. That would be something worth drinking to

And ya know Mike, I just live down the road and owe ya for the help. Hit me up any time if ya need help sanding and preping your car for paint or anything. Im in

Back