• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Quiet Intake?

hourang

CEG'er
Is there anyway to quiet the intake without loosing much power? i have the ebay intake without the plenium. maybe use the stock airbox? my car sounds like a ricer with this on but i dont want to take it off. i would just use the stock setup but i cannot stand the stupid plenium and the intake silencer. does anyone have any clips of the ebay intake but with stock airbox somehow?

you could just use the stock air box. do you have the complete air intake kit?

yeah i have the complete kit throttle body to airfilter is all aftermarket (besides maf). i also have all the stock parts and a slew of other intake parts from getting the wrong intake on ebay the first time. i really just want to see everyones setup thats not like mine or hear from someone who has tried to quiet it down before.

Go sleeper z if you want it to be quiet. Plenum is good for throttle response. I don't think my intake is loud, but to each their own.

Same issue with mine. It's just the nature of the intake. Putting the plenum on does help a lot with the sound.

Back