• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow Plow!! haha

Bolt99SVT

CEG'er
Hey,

I have some pics of the CSVT during the latest snow storm we had about 2 weeks ago. We had about 6-8" around Sussex County DE.

I realize I'm getting these pics on here late, but I thought it'd be fun to show. I had to go to work that morning and I felt like I could basically "plow" the roads with my car...:laugh: Took me forever to get the car cleared off...you can see my girl's car in the background...and YES, I did clear hers off too incase she had to run out.

***True definition of a Daily Driver!!!:cool::crazy:

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

My lowered and kitted vehicle plowed more snow than half the real plows around here. Sussex county plows ftl. :nonono:

Now I've got some fiberglass work to do.

My lowered and kitted vehicle plowed more snow than half the real plows around here. Sussex county plows ftl. :nonono:

Now I've got some fiberglass work to do.

Yeah, I hear ya. I actually work for DelDOT...thats why I had to go to work that day (I'm considered an essential employee):nonono: ...but I don't plow.
I thought they were actually doing a crappy job also, but it was just too hard for them to keep up with, with all the wind and snow drifts across the main highways...it took them forever to get to backroads.

Sorry to hear about your extra work.

Frank

Yea the road that runs along my neighborhood isn't even really a back road and was like a 4x4 course for at least 3 days afterward. Delaware doesn't fare so well with more than a dusting.

Yea the road that runs along my neighborhood isn't even really a back road and was like a 4x4 course for at least 3 days afterward. Delaware doesn't fare so well with more than a dusting.

Yea I know...thank God when the sun finally comes out!! haha...they need all the help they can get.

Frank

Nice! I actually used my car to ply my grandpa's dirvway :crazy: There was soo much snow to shovel so I skimmed off most of the snow with the car and made quick work of the rest when I was done :laugh:

^^^Wow!. ...yeah I think you got me beat.:laugh:
but mine was the most snow we had all winter this year in Delaware. ...so it doesn't take much:laugh:

^^^Wow!. ...yeah I think you got me beat.:laugh:
but mine was the most snow we had all winter this year in Delaware. ...so it doesn't take much:laugh:

Haha - those pictures were taken after I got outa this...:nonono:

Driving down back road - blizzaks and torsen chewing through the deep snow. When I turned onto the road the snow was deep enough it would pile up on the front of the hood and eventually slide off. I went down that small hill into a clearing and the snow got even deeper. I saw a van heading down the road and all of a sudden the snow was so deep it was coming over the hood and spraying over the windshield - I couldn't see anything. I hit the brakes and found out the entire road was a sheet of ice - I just slowly slid off the crown of the road.... Thank god for AAA - pulled the car out without even a scratch. The lady in the van thought I was a snow plow - she was blown away when she saw a low svt plowing that much snow :D

OMG....thats crazy!!! That last sentence is hilarious tho!:laugh:

Glad to hear everything went okay....it could've been ALOT worse...

Back