• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

something differnt. seat belts.

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
so over time our seat belts become gross. how do you go about washing them? just scrub scrub scrub with a brush and detergent? mine are tan and look brown in the gross spots.

thanks guys and gals.

Meguiar's has a new product available called Quick Out. This is a spray on/dab off fabric cleaner that was developed w/ Bissell. It contains oxy cleaners and works really well. Big Lots had this on sale for $3.50 a bottle about a month ago. This product would work great for seat belts.

Be careful... you don't want anything that'll even possibly compromise the strength of the seatbelt material. So much so, Ford even puts a thing about it in the owner's manual:

Cleaning and maintaining the
safety belts
Clean the safety belts with a mild
soap solution recommended for
cleaning upholstery or carpets and
warm water. Do not bleach or dye
the belts, because these actions
may weaken the belt webbing.
Check the safety belt system
periodically to make sure there are
no nicks, wear or cuts.

I'm a big fan of Tuff Stuff for interiors...I had on oyster white color in my corvette & this stuff cleaned it to like new

3226152.JPG

thank god this thread came up. My seatbelts are gross and given the nature of their design, you can't really scrub them with a brush or anything that might pull at the threading/weaving. A powerful cleaner is a must.

Meguiar's has a new product available called Quick Out. This is a spray on/dab off fabric cleaner that was developed w/ Bissell. It contains oxy cleaners and works really well. Big Lots had this on sale for $3.50 a bottle about a month ago. This product would work great for seat belts.

Yes This stuff works

Back