• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Something to remove spray paint...

Mywhip

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, when my window got stuck halfway down last week and it started raining cats and dogs, my friend got a garbage bag from his car. He put it on my window, and we hurried to his house to park it in his barn till it stopped raining. When we removed the bag, there were black spots on my window..which i thought were just from the bag. Come to find out my friend the night before used the bags to go underneath something he was spray painting, now im stuck with these on my window.

What is the best way to get em off? I have included some pictures to show you want i mean.

2daccpu.jpg

1zm0z0m.jpg

if you go with the reducer, make sure you have something covering your door.... otherwise you'll be asking tips on painting next, and not in a productive way either.

a small amount of reducer probably wont ruin cured paint, but yeah, try not to get anything on your doors. Just slightly dampen the rag with the reducer and it should be plenty to soften the paint.

Back