• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TB's and IM's?

cetroutt

Veteran CEG'er
since i'm in the replace most everything on my car mood i've decided that i'm going to build a sleeper z intake for it and i was thinking that i should try and find a TB spacer to put on while i was at it. well i've since decided that there isn't one for the contour zetec and i started looking at the focus zetec. but have found that the TB is completely diferent. is it possible to swap a 'tour IM for a focus IM? and if not is it a huge ordeal to swap the 'tour head for the focus head? because then i could pop in a set of crower cams. thanks
chris

It's a nice thought but a TB spacer won't do anything. Our IM is already plastic and already has obscenely long intake runners.

You could drop on a Focus head but then you'd need your PCM re-programmed because Focus heads use EGR not VCT.

In theory, you could put on a Focus or Focus SVT IM. You might have to do some minor porting to get everything to line up perfectly. You can drop a Focus Central Throttle body on a Contour IM. You will then need a Focus throttle cable. Not sure if you need a new cruise control cable or not. Haven't had a 'tour with cruise in a few years.

The SVT IM would be interesting because it changes the runner length at a specific RPM. You'd need to use an RPM activated switch to actuate it.

On a side note, I really need to type up a what will work on what sticky. These questions keep getting asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

BP

Back