• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the dreaded p0171, cant figure it out

Chaoticdopey

CEG'er
well after changing the valve cover gasket, i accidently unkooked a hose, hooked it back up and it runs good cold but when it gets hot it idles down and trys to save itself then repeats the process, i cleaned the MAF and put one i got from pick a parts, but still doing it, i always thought if i unhooked the MAF and started the car the CEL light would automatically come on? at least it used to on my s10, so what do you guys think this could be?

CLICK THE PICTURE TO WATCH VIDEO!!!

I had the 0174 when I changed my intake. I tried everything, including putting the stock intake back on. Nothing worked. So I took the battery out and left it out for a couple hours. Put it back in and had no CEL and no codes. I ran the battery down by accident and had to jump the car. It ran fine for about an hours...then I got a CEL P0174. So I did the.same and have been code free for quite some time now. Try just disconnecting the battery for a little bit and see what happens.

battery trick didnt work and changed the MAF sensor and thats not the problem, cant find and vacuum leaks, dont know were else to look now, im stumped.

Back