• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What year is my PCM (95 Contour GL auto V6 2.5l Duratec)

vtraudt

CEG'er
The PCM in my car has the following indicators on it:
PEW4
94BB-12A650-EE

I need to find the wiring diagram for it, but don't know what year to look for (1995 Contour GL auto Duratec 2.5 V6(

The Chilton manual shows one diagram for 95 Contour, where 4 wires (pins 6, 56, 16, 36) go from the PCM to the Ignition Control Module.
The 96-97 shows 3 wires from the PCM (26, 76, 52) to the Ignition Coil (and one from the Ignition Coil via fuse to 'hot in run or start), ditto for the 98-99.

The Chilton manual shows one diagram for 95 Contour, where 4 wires (pins 6, 56, 16, 36) go from the PCM to the Ignition Control Module.
The 96-97 shows 3 wires from the PCM (26, 76, 52) to the Ignition Coil (and one from the Ignition Coil via fuse to 'hot in run or start), ditto for the 98-99.

Here are the diagrams that I found:
98-99 Contour
9899ContourPCMwirediagram.jpg

96-97 Contour
9697ContourPCMwirediagram.jpg

95 Contour
95ContourPCMwirediagram.jpg

It also shows NO Crankshaft Sensor (as far as I can tell), but we HAVE one (just like the 99 for example). Is the diagram wrong?
I am lost.

I think the page omitted the crank sensor because it is shown on another page of the manual. I look in mitchell manuals for better wiring diagrams ( in my local Kent county library / city of Wyoming ). You car is OBDI if it is a 95. The test connector is under the hood next to the drivers side strut tower. The intake runners are vacuum controlled and the spark/coilpack is controlled by a small black box behind the power steering resivor. http://www.chiltonlibrary.com/Index.aspx They have a different wiring diagram printed in here.

I linked from the Michigen E-library here http://mel.org/SPT--BrowseResourcesDatabases.php?ParentId=617

if you have a 95 then your PCM is a 95 ..... 95's where OBDI, so the wiring is completely different then the 96-97

Back