• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

XCal 3 Automatic tuning

KennyT772

Veteran CEG'er
A friend of mine has an unlocked xcal 3 and offered to make a tune for my car. 3 things I would like to change is the temp for the high speed fans to turn on, rev limiter (6000rpm for automatic zetec's), and shift points (6000rpm).

Has anyone played around with tuning an automatic car and would like to share?

A friend of mine has an unlocked xcal 3 and offered to make a tune for my car. 3 things I would like to change is the temp for the high speed fans to turn on, rev limiter (6000rpm for automatic zetec's), and shift points (6000rpm).

Has anyone played around with tuning an automatic car and would like to share?

skunk's SeVT (auto) is tuned and is as fast as an SVT. However, not sure if he remembers how the tuning went nor am I sure he even did the tuning himself. Pretty sure someone did it for him.

skunk's SeVT (auto) is tuned and is as fast as an SVT. However, not sure if he remembers how the tuning went nor am I sure he even did the tuning himself. Pretty sure someone did it for him.

it was dyno tuned and the PCM itself was "tuned"

chances are those are things that are not going to be directly adjustable from the XCAL3 itself, but maybe they are. otherwise a full tune needs to be craeted and those items changed. you can change the fan speeds when you flash the PCm with the xcal

The XCal3 doesn't come with any Contour stuff. A full tune is going to be made. Has anyone played with the Spark advance on the Zetecs?

Back