Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#112773 01/22/02 09:30 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I was looking to have some work done to intake manifold, any complications with taking this off the car. I mean is their a problem or advice for taking these off?
Thanks for any feed back!

Silver 98 SVT Contour E0
#4124 (Currently on Life Support)
Built 11/97 Bought 1/98
Eibach Pro Kit \ Koni \ Niche Pultec 17"x7.5 \ Yokohama Parada 215/17/40 \ Shaved Wheel wells / Brembo-KVR Cross Drilled Rotors / KVR Carbon Fibre Brake Pads / Aeroquip SS Brake Lines \ 21mm Rear Progress Tech. (Powder Coated Black) \ Superchips Auto Meter Pro Shift Light \ Extrude Honed \ Stripped Resonater Street Scene Free Flow Exhaust \ Injen Technology Prototype CAI \ Weapon R filter \ Hose Techniques Red Kit \ Folia Tec Red Caliper Paint \ MOMO (shift knob, pedals, seat belt pads) \ Clarion, Sounstream, Kicker \ Optima Red Top Battery \ SVT Emblem Mods
Jet Hot Coatings (25-30% Cooler) on Upper Intake Manifold, Sho Shop Y-Pipe, Cat, and CAI
"Come Out...Come Out Where Ever You Are"
http://www.geocities.com/speeddemons19
#112774 01/23/02 02:04 AM
P
P
I've never taken off the lower, but removing the upper is pretty easy. Took me 2 hours to swap the first time I tried it, now I can get it off and back on in about 60 - 75 minutes.

Just make sure you have a torque wrench that reads in the in-lb range. Don't just convert to ft-lbs and use a big motha. They aren't very accurate low in their measurement range. Also, there is a specific tightening and removal sequence for the bolts. In the FAQ on the main page, there is a how-to on cleaning the intakes which shows the sequence; also found in any repair manual. You should probably replace any gakets just to be on the safe side, but they can be reused. I had my EGR gasket split when removing the EGR valve from the upper.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard