Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Greetings all...

I have a 98 ford contour GL I bought new in 97. I had this recall performed in November of 1999. I would have thought that the completion of the recall would prevent this problem from occurring, but I was wrong. In November of 2001 my dash lights, parking lamp, and tail lights went out. I got that fixed quickly!

I had the Airbag Sensor recall (99S23) performed at the same time as the recall above. Late last year my airbag light came on. I haven't had it fixed yet, so I don't know if this is related to the recall.

Is it naive to assume that replacement parts that are supposed to fix the problem actually work, and last? These are the only problems I've had with this car, except for the AC needing a recharge. Both of these problems stem from excessive heat. Isn't this indicative of larger problems with the vehicle that ford isn't addressing? It seems that they're treating the symptoms, and not the problem.

I'd appreciate you opinions on this. Thanks!

J
J
I've never been happy with this whole electrical system on the car.

My SRS light came on many times and it turned out to be the sensors up front. Once before the recall they were replaced, then the recall, then replaced again after the recall. All was good after that. I don't know what to tell you.

Hope it works out.

John

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard