• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A sneak peak at the new CEG main site design

WorldTour

I Feel More Like I Do Now Then When I First Got He
OK... where to start!
The new site design is nearing completion and we'll be starting to build the rest of the site around a similar template within a few weeks provided no major issues arise. With ten years worth of archived information on the current site to move into the new design we are hoping to have everything transfered, beta tested, and finally live sometime this spring.

Now, I know that everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, vision, etc. and I know I can't please everyone, but it's time for change and a major update. So for those who hate it, I'm sorry, but this is the way it's going to be.

and without further delay, here is a small screen shot of the new CEG mainpage:
l_6c0692274bd6aa6c126313b6e62bc47f.jpg

Note: Thats not the only car image being used. There will be over 50 header images that will load randomly upon opening of the main page.

Last edited:
I love it! .. simple, everything is relevant, no distractions. What is the "blog" section going to be about?

Last edited:
I love it! .. simple, everything is relevant, no distractions. What is the "blog" section going to be about?

There will be a vbulletin blog available to all CEGers to use for their own personal blog/diary.

I like it so far..We will still be able to search older threads for information correct? Lot of goodies in there as we all know..Keep up the good work.

hopefully, the new site will be viewable by mobile device and fully functional with working comment boxes, etc

honestly I would love that, but its secondary at the moment. the redesign and transfer is top priority and once thats out of the way goodies like that will be explored and where possible implemented.
-mark

Looks great, keep up the good work. My only question is there going to be a "view all" selection by the pages link like in the old forum? I always liked that, but then again I'm lazy and hate clicking the "next" button. :help::shrug:

I have 2 questions:

1) Will all of the prior archives be imported into the new forums? I'm not sure why this was never done with the past forums moves.

2) Will the howto be using a wiki? If not... then can it? Just from the forums... someone will write a howto thread that is mostly accurate, then several people add to that thread to clarify/correct sections of it. I always thought a wiki would be an ideal replacement for that.

umm.. 3) About wiki's... even general guides (not necessarily howtos) like 3.0L specs, 2.5L specs, MTX-75 specs, etc... would be nice to have on individual wiki pages.

Back