• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aircougar Performance

BrApple

No Life But CEG
Est. 2006

what is it now

25 motor swaps
4 atx->mtx swaps
2 mtx ->atx swaps

Anyway for all contours/mystiques/cougars that where present at the CCSU Car Show yesterday Aircougar Performance was well represented.

Out of the seven cars there 6 have had Greg for on them.

Also 5 out of the 7 cars had 3L swaps.

So let this thread be documentation of the work done by Aircougar Performance.

So post pics of your car and list work done by Aircougar Performance.

DSC04558.JPG

DSC04560.JPG

3L and atx->mtx swap
DSC04551.JPG

atx -> mtx swap and head porting on 3L
DSC04552.JPG

Suspension work
DSC04553.JPG

3L swap and soon NPG Turbo Kit
DSC04554.JPG

3L swap
DSC04556.JPG

Headers
DSC04559.JPG

So did you guys finish up the install yesterday?

yes we did. yet again the 3L fired right up without issue. The headers burned up the paint right away. Only issue was one brake pad being installed backwards. Quick fix and they where on their way. Got home to Nj without issue according to the post on NECO.

Here's one of the few pics I have. Maybe I'll upload another one later.

DSC01725.jpg

Greg has replaced my water pump, installed a new flex pipe + SVT exhaust back, and helped out with my intake cuz I couldn't quiiiiite get it on myself :laugh:. In the summer I think I will invest in his services to tackle my monster truck front suspension :crazy:.

Brian you forgot to mention that NewCat actually took home an award for best USA other. It was kind of a last minute decision but I'd like to think part of it was because of Greg and Newcats work. Thanks for coming out guys. it's always nice to gain the support of local CEG'ers.

By the way this is kind of off topic but what'd you guys think of judging? We had like a pre-set group that went around and judged so most members had nothing to do with judging and I just wanted to make sure you guys were actually judged and not just passed over because you drive contours.

Last edited:
Brian you forgot to mention that NewCat actually took home an award for best USA other. It was kind of a last minute decision but I'd like to think part of it was because of Greg and Newcats work. Thanks for coming out guys. it's always nice to gain the support of local CEG'ers.

By the way this is kind of off topic but what'd you guys think of judging? We had like a pre-set group that went around and judged so most members had nothing to do with judging and I just wanted to make sure you guys were actually judged and not just passed over because you drive contours.

well I saw one person judge my car. he looked at the engine, then the interior and back and forth a little ... like I said I don't think anyone understands our cars ...

I think I agree with Tony that the Fall award setup might be better.

oh and I figured Jared would toot his own horn about the award :laugh:

well I saw one person judge my car. he looked at the engine, then the interior and back and forth a little ... like I said I don't think anyone understands our cars ...

I think I agree with Tony that the Fall award setup might be better.

oh and I figured Jared would toot his own horn about the award :laugh:

You mean my BitOh award :laugh: Yeah, kinda last minute but it was sweet. Idk if i'd say "win" but took home sounds much better. The judging was ok but its hard for us , like brian said, to explain exactly what we have or of what importance it is.I was kinda pissed when they didn't even give the award out first off since they had the category for it. I think alittle better description would be nice or to clarify exactly what sub brands were to be used aka ford= mercury, lincoln,etc. Either way it was a good show with alot more cars then last year.But i wasn't sure what they'd stick the cougars in but then thanks mainly to dave, they gave it too me. I'd like to say its probaly more of Gregs award then mine but Thank You very much for your decision. See you guys at the fall show...

you guys haddd to go and port match and retain your 2.5 intake manifolds so no one would know huh? Oh wait...no one would know anyway :blackeye:

you guys haddd to go and port match and retain your 2.5 intake manifolds so no one would know huh? Oh wait...no one would know anyway :blackeye:

Yeah thats my argument with my club for letting every member be a part of judging. Not just any person, no matter how much of a car guy you are, can look under the hood of every car and tell whats been done. I like having a 30 min screaming fest about which cars deserve an award :laugh: , which is what we've always done. And since no one knows contours like I do in our club so I feel I have an obligation to educate.:laugh:

Last edited:
You mean my BitOh award :laugh: Yeah, kinda last minute but it was sweet. Idk if i'd say "win" but took home sounds much better. The judging was ok but its hard for us , like brian said, to explain exactly what we have or of what importance it is.I was kinda pissed when they didn't even give the award out first off since they had the category for it. I think alittle better description would be nice or to clarify exactly what sub brands were to be used aka ford= mercury, lincoln,etc. Either way it was a good show with alot more cars then last year.But i wasn't sure what they'd stick the cougars in but then thanks mainly to dave, they gave it too me. I'd like to say its probaly more of Gregs award then mine but Thank You very much for your decision. See you guys at the fall show...

You're just lucky I didn't show up with my baby blue Merc. I woulda been taking that home instead of you. :laugh:

You could have come, you were halfway there already....and they wouldn't even let you park in the spectators lot.....technically the ccsu award goes to all the people who sold me parts, helped with the swap, etc. Which means greg, greg, and maybe brian...haha. And i guess roger too.... But it was a good show none the less.

well, I'm glad you guys had a good turn out!

its nice to see some of my work is appreciated :) But honestly, you guys give me a lot of credit, but a few of you give me so much help when I need it and that is more appreciation to me, than any award...

You guys are the best! and really good friends, too :)

BUT... end of this summer, My Cougar is going to clean up... hehehe... lol

well, I'm glad you guys had a good turn out!

its nice to see some of my work is appreciated :) But honestly, you guys give me a lot of credit, but a few of you give me so much help when I need it and that is more appreciation to me, than any award...

You guys are the best! and really good friends, too :)

BUT... end of this summer, My Cougar is going to clean up... hehehe... lol

My Money is on Brian's SeVT :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back