• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Catalytic Converter

Emissions testers?

Not for everyone... I have a '95 Contour, but I technically do not need a cat converter since in New Hampshire cars made before '98 (I think?) do not need to pass emissions... I would rip mine right out if I had the skillz, LOL :laugh:

Five minute inspections FTW, except when they say you need rear brake-work :mad:

Not for everyone... I have a '95 Contour, but I technically do not need a cat converter since in New Hampshire cars made before '98 (I think?) do not need to pass emissions... I would rip mine right out if I had the skillz, LOL :laugh:

Five minute inspections FTW, except when they say you need rear brake-work :mad:

Ooo we need to have fun with your ar and GUT THE CAT! The hard part is just getting to the bolts to unbolt it, but once it's unbolted you just lower it, punch out all of the insides, and gain a few horses :cool:

Ooo we need to have fun with your ar and GUT THE CAT! The hard part is just getting to the bolts to unbolt it, but once it's unbolted you just lower it, punch out all of the insides, and gain a few horses :cool:
Do you have to modify anything else after gutting the cat? I wouldn't mind gutting mine...

Yes, you need to install a MIL eliminator to fool the computer into thinking that your cat is working. It splices into your lower O2 sensor. Although, with an OBD-1 1995 'Tour I'm not sure if this is the case...

I think I'll just go the hi-flow route with a new header. Delaware is a bit stricter on cars. (i failed inspection because one wiper blade had small cracks in it.) cranky old men.:nonono:

Yes, you need to install a MIL eliminator to fool the computer into thinking that your cat is working. It splices into your lower O2 sensor. Although, with an OBD-1 1995 'Tour I'm not sure if this is the case...
Where do you get one?

I'm gutting the cat on my MTX as soon as it gets warm. I've already got a MIL so why not?

With my CAI, UDP, FPR, and a walbro, it should make a fun daily driver.

BTW, WI doesn't have a sniffer test, just a OBD-2 test. ;)

BP

I'm gutting the cat on my MTX as soon as it gets warm. I've already got a MIL so why not?

With my CAI, UDP, FPR, and a walbro, it should make a fun daily driver.

BTW, WI doesn't have a sniffer test, just a OBD-2 test. ;)

BP
Needs more turbo :D:D:D

BTW, Ben are you going to have the HOC done and bring it to SZ?

95's only have a upstream sensor, there is no down stream sensor to monitor the cat so you don't need mil-eliminators

Doooo it!!!!

BTW, Ben are you going to have the HOC done and bring it to SZ?

That's what I'm shooting for. I still haven't signed up for SZ though because I may be changing jobs in the near future. If I don't have any vacation time, I'll be limited to driving over on Friday night and just being there for the weekend.

BTW, I'm leaving the MTX NA and selling the turbo parts afterall. I really want to turbo the MTX but I realize that I need to focus my money/time on The HOC.

The classifieds will have some good Zetec turbo parts in the near future. Did I mention that I bought that GT28R and turbo manifold off of the Focus forums a while back? ;)

BP

That's what I'm shooting for. I still haven't signed up for SZ though because I may be changing jobs in the near future. If I don't have any vacation time, I'll be limited to driving over on Friday night and just being there for the weekend.

BTW, I'm leaving the MTX NA and selling the turbo parts afterall. I really want to turbo the MTX but I realize that I need to focus my money/time on The HOC.

The classifieds will have some good Zetec turbo parts in the near future. Did I mention that I bought that GT28R and turbo manifold off of the Focus forums a while back? ;)

BP
if you cant make it until friday night at least make it in time to meet us at the drag strip.

you have a coated shorty header dont you? how much you want for it? :D

Back