• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Florida Keys soon!

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
So Sandra and I didn't end up booking the trip for the Virgin Islands. Very long story....:blackeye:

We ended up booking for Key Largo. We're leaving this Saturday and be back in a week. Pricing out the trip was a nightmare and almost didn't get locked in at a good price because it was so last minute but we lucked out.

I know if it was booked earlier, it would of been cheaper, but this was the best we could do.

$2612 (tax and fees included) for 6 nights in the hotel, 7 day car rental, and flight both ways.

This is where we're staying, Mariner's Club Key Largo:
Bed.jpg

Pool.jpg

Pool2.jpg

TikiBar.jpg

looks awesome..hopefully its not crazy humid as I hear it is..I had a few friends come back from key largo a week ago and they said it was crazy humid..hope you guys get the good weather!! looks fun..im jealous

If you're so inclined, take a shot down to Islamorada one day. Or Marathon. I assume you're already going to visit Key West at least once. The intermediate keys are relaxed little fishing villages with a few bars and fresh seafood. Drop into one of these little places outside on the water, have a cold one, enjoy a cigarette, and some fresh eats. Was a fun change from Miami when I was living down there.

looks awesome..hopefully its not crazy humid as I hear it is..I had a few friends come back from key largo a week ago and they said it was crazy humid..hope you guys get the good weather!! looks fun..im jealous

I'll take humid on vacation in the Keys over humid here at work any day!

Looks like a great place. Huve fun!

oh man, are you on while in the keys? thats dedication right there (your green light is on as i post this, haha)...i would have to wait for the GF to fall asleep before i could get my hands on a computer while on vacation, haha

Damn! I'm busted. :laugh:

The g/f is kickin back in front of the TV right now. We just got back from some late night swimming in the heated pool and spa. :drool: I really needed that. The hotel is AMAZING! We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom room instead of 1. It's basically a condo turned into a hotel room. It's got 3 closets, 1 full walk in, washer/dryer, 2 queen beds, 3 TV's with DVD, 2 bathrooms, kitchenette with full size fridge. :drool: Pics to come soon.

So yeah, getting to the hotel sucked. Route 1 down the Keys is crazy. I must of sat in park for about 15 mins not moving at all in traffic. One lane the whole way down.

I'm driving an extra ghey PT Cruiser Touring 2.4T Convertible. I choose a midsize originally but when we went to pick the car from the lot, there was a new Chevy Malibu with not many options or a POS Corolla which looked like a golf cart. I took them up on the offer for upgrading to a convertible for $12 more a day when I saw a nice Sebring on the lot. I went back inside, upgraded, came back, loaded up the car and then find out the trunk won't latch. Everything else was PT Cruisers and one VW Beetle vert. I was furious. I spent about 20 mins trying to get the trunk to latch so I wouldn't be stuck with the other cars. I finally gave up and moved everything into a red PT Cruiser. Then about to leave, find out someone ripped out the lighter socket, which I needed for the laptop GPS. :blackeye:

Finally grabbed a nice silver one with very low miles and nothing wrong.

The car moves very nice, drives smooth, but visibility is HORRIBLE!! I cut off like 10 people on the way down unintentionally. The turbo seems to kick in power all the low end then falls flat in the top end. :shrug:

I spun the tires everytime I stepped on it trying to merge into traffic. :laugh:

haha, i can see you guys now just cruisin' around in that sweet sweet PT...im jealous man, enjoy the vaca, post up some pics! ive only been to FL once about 6 years ago

Back