• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale for sale 2 Baer front calipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt_terror

New CEG'er
SOLDHey guys I have 2 Baer front calipers for sale.The sale is for JUST the calipers and used pads.I don't have the black intermediate brackets or the gold cradles for the calipers.Baer sells all the parts you need separately.Calipers are in great shape,just not gonna use them.

asking $200 + shipping

025.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Last I checked through my guy at BAER the cradles were $50 a piece and the intermediate brackets are $35 a piece I think? You'll also need the 2 hub centering rings,which are $25 for the 2.If you call BAER and it's more,PM me and maybe we can figure something out.

I believe they would use 94-04 Cobra rotors if you want a reference.Pretty sure they would need to be re-drilled first of all for a four lug,then spaced or modified to compensate for the different offset of the Contour brake set-up and you would still need hub centering rings.
guys feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,I've read all the break threads in the past just not sure if I'm remembering the info right lol

To "finish" the kit you need:

-Baer brake lines for the contour
-cobra/baer rotors drilled for the 4x108 bolt pattern
-hardware
-PBR caliper bracket
-Baer relocation bracket
-rotor hubcentric rings

Rings...???

Rings...???

Correct me if I am wrong... but I believe someone on here said the the 2000 CSVT did not need to use the rings due to the hubs being different from the previous years... Can anyone elaborate ??? Roland

Wrong, every contour hub is the same besides the pre98/post98 tie rod end hole.

Originally Posted by morbid
Did yours come with hubcentric rings? Mine did... and they just wouldn't fit. Baer said that their 1 piece rotors required the rings... and that the 2 piece was already hubcentric.
I haven't installed these yet as my car is currently getting painted. However I believe that it did come with hubcentric rings although you don't need them. You see they remove the standard rotors from the 1261006 kit and replace the rotors with the 2 piece 0902005 rotors. Because you still receive the rest of the 1261006 kit you also receive the hubcentric rings, which are no longer needed. Or at least that's what I believe is the case.

Maybe the hubs are not different but according to this it seems the 1 piece and 2 piece rotors differ... can anyone confirm this finding... Roland

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back