• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Full 3l none start

Fuel rail question? Would this older design of fuel rail work on the 98 with a full 3l?

su2u4y4y.jpg

Just a guess here but, probably not. Not worth the effort, just use a Contour return rail.

Oh, DUH! Silly me, BRAIN FART! :rolleyes:
Well, I think you have your answer. LOL :laugh:
Well, when you flip the rail, you may have a slight clearance issue with the regulator. Then you will have to get creative with the vacuum routing, but that's the least of your worries. The fuel lines will now be pointing forward. You will have to bend them at least straight or back. I don't know if that will work.
OR, you can take a 3L returnless rail and braize on a return tube. There was a thread about that on here somewhere, and I think it was even sold, IIRC?
I see where you are going, you don't wanna get the NPG adapter block.

Oh I have nothing against the npg adapter. Those guys have done amazing work. I've done my own setup which there hasn't been any issues so far. Knock on wood. I'm just looking and thinking. The fuel rail on the 3l originally goes the other way and lines up with no issues.

Read that one already. Bud I've been haunting around here for a long time. I'm always looking for alternatives.

I cut the block flush at the end of the fpd, tapped it and installed a barbed fitting. Used a barbed brass T. I have a pic of it in my car not the best angle. I'll get another in the next couple of days.

ytaru6yb.jpg

Back