• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Going to get the beater!

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
haha I'm leaving to get the cavalier! wee!

That replaced heater core should at least 4-5 hp!

lol oh and I finally found some specs on the motor!

102 Monsterous HP @ 5200rpm!
and 130 ft/lb torque @ 2800rpm!

I think I need some stickers and a pair of slicks for the rear!

Great, glad it's all fixed.

Sure, a few stickers will up that horsepower for ya. ;)

The car is back and in working order! haha

ooo and I cleaned the Contour too! Bit is annoying news. The clear lense/shell on my SE emblem is gone (???) and now I have an SE eblem that is completely chrome!

I have a bunch of pictures from this afternoon though!

http://esu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2023796&id=43606894

Its facebook, if you don't have a log in, get one! lol I can't find my password for photobucket, but I'll get to posting them later.

I've got a facebook account but I can't get to the pictures. :confused:

Band width consumption warning in about 15 minutes! hahaah i'm loading them up into photobucket!

I think we know where to go for our next fluid change meet...Scott's house with his three car garage. :cool: ;)

Pictures look good. How's the Cav, run good now? Any trip into the woods yet? :D

Is that the stock SE side badge? If so, I have one for ya. Let me know.

Most definitely.
He wants to drive it through the woods. :cool:

Actually I would un black other other badge if I knew how it happened to the first one. lol The SE logo is raised so you can read the SE when your next to it.

No I couldn't get up the 7 inches of snow without taking the radiator out of the cavalier. So no woodlands trip... But I did take it for a drive! haha

And when I got back I started ripping into that fender and messed with some paint on the spot I was playing with! I'll post them when I'm done uploading the images from the camera, then HD to photobucket.

I also took an hour or so and cleaned the engine bay up!

And I did a little measuring, and a few online purchases. I'll have a little present for the Cav this weekend.

Right now I'm waiting for warmer weather for the Contour though! I want to paint my eyebrows, but its too cold. And I can't do more bondo on the guage pod either!

Behold my entrophy causing lamps that further advance the end of the universe! Oh and they heat the car so the metal is 30 degrees when I paint...
HPIM2034.jpg

The paint i'm using is really sweet. It looks like crap because that fender was completely rolled into itself, but the color is really sweet. You can see from the pictures it reflects different shades/tones of gray.
HPIM2039.jpg

HPIM2038.jpg

This is probably junk, Its warped, twisted, scuffed, and cracked...
HPIM2035.jpg

A much cleaner Engine bay
HPIM1947.jpg

HPIM2037.jpg

HPIM2049.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that is much cleaner. :)

Wonder what the Cav will be getting this weekened? :cool:, you bought it a present.

You really jump into your projects. Good start!

Yeah its really amazing what I can done when I actually have time to do something other then homework. But right now I'm headed down to the shop to pay the bill, then walmart for school stuff, and then back to ESU.

The worst part is, I really just want to walk other there and spray the car without any prepwork and get as far as I can with the gunmetal paint. I'm sure I could cover the hood and the fender and at least one door! lol

Don't be impatient. Do the prep work, you'll be glad you did. ;)
All in good time. It will get done.

That's weird that your SE badge did that, why is it weird? Because the same exact thing happened to my drivers side SE badge! Now completely chrome. The beater looks cool, enjoy it, I wish I still had my Tempo, that thing could go in any amount of snow.

Speaking of beaters. I want one of these again...

97_hyundai_accent_3dr.jpg

That little Korean car was a monster in the snow. I NEVER got stuck with it...and it'd keep me from having to drive my SVT. Lol.

Meh, that car was my ricer phase. I had the aluminum APC wing, hideous "chrome" wheel covers on my 13" steelies, primer spots, big Hyundai logo in tyhe back window, and a black hood.

...would you rather me do this to the SVT? :laugh: :shrug:

Back