• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IM ABOUT TO LOOSE MY MIND!

svttour

Rico Suave
This has never happened to me before. Im driving on a main road around my area and there is some construction going on... It was sort of rush hour time and all of a sudden the car infront of me swirves wildy. I see it bounce over something and I didnt have time to react. Looks like some of the construction barriers were in the middle of the lane and they were being ran over by many cars. The car infront of me kicked it up just enough for it to shred my lower bumper clean off.. This loosened the side screws and the passenger side part of the bumper fell off and i ran over it ripping my bumper in 2 pieces. No one else was involved and no one hit me thank goodness but I was able to pull into a gas station and look at the damage. Heres a crappy cell phone pic I cant sleeep im so sad. :( :( :( :( :( :(

nobumper.jpg

You have no idea. I never thought something like that would happen to me Ive heard crazy stories of similar things happening to others. What sucks the most is that I just sold an SVT front bumper not too long ago and now I need one :(

Something like this almost happened to me back in the fall in East Lansing. It was pretty windy out and we had a bunch of rain. Well I'm driving down the road lookin for my friends apartment and all of a sudden a HUUUGEE branch falls right in front of my car cracks the lower part of my bumper even more and i thought i broke a whole bunch more.

That utterly sucks ass! I hope its together before the meet. Are you going to get the insurance involved?

Start taking with your DOT, they might be liable. My mom had her whole exhaust ripped off due to construction at our rail road tracks. There was no signs posted, it was their fault. I dont know your situation that good, but sound like neglect.

Thanks guys I know it sucks. I was cursing up a storm on the side of the road and people looked at me crazy. I called the insurance and they said that since the price of the bumper is like 1200.00 then they may want to total the car. I should have kept my mouth shut. Not sure what Im going to do and there was signs posted about the road work. This barricade for some reason found its way to the middle of the road. I couldnt take pics of the bumper since it was in the middle of the road and there were many cars flying by. Ill take a pic of the small piece that was left later on this week. Im too distraught.

Mickey Mouse Inc

1200.00 bumper 500 paint foglights, wiring, splashguard, Id say 2100ish

It sucks to hear about the car. I hope you get it worked out.

Your insurance company should not total the car over a $2100 repair. Your SVT should be worth way more than that.

ugh...worst part is finding out how bad the damage actually is, cause up until you're getting out of the car you're thinking "it's not that bad, it's not that bad" D'OH!!!

Back