• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interesting UIM cover

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
found this on a chinese website. thought it was pretty cool because i've never seen one

just thought i'd share and see if anyone knew anything about them

uimcover2.jpg

It's been posted before when someone found it in Mexico. They tried to gather people interested in one, and that was the last I heard about it.

I've been meaning to hunt one down forever and install it. Thanks for reminding me. :laugh:

i believe they were only on certain mondeos in certain countries. tony says he heard they are on some mondeos in mexico, and the only place i saw the pics was on a chinese website

That came up years ago. There is even a British company that made some CF ones. I recall talking to them about getting them over here but nothing ever came of it.

I also seem to recall that there was a concern on how it mounted to the UIM. Something about it not fitting US models.

Anyway, that was a very long time ago and I'm really tired not and going to bed.

I suppose I could ask around here, but I don't really know anyone that knows anything about cars and where to get parts like this, let alone has a car or likes Ford. It would be in January though.

In England we can buy them from ford dealers not cheap though £70 odd for the cover and then you also need the bits to fix to the UIM looking at about £90-100 total for you guy thats gonna be $200+ to get one from the UK

In England we can buy them from ford dealers not cheap though £70 odd for the cover and then you also need the bits to fix to the UIM looking at about £90-100 total for you guy thats gonna be $200+ to get one from the UK

I am sure I could get all of that for about that price, but in euros. Then again, compared to the US, prices here can be a little crazy.

yes yes, we all know that you get better stuff over seas, rub it in a little more.

Back