• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just curious

lightngsvt

CEG'er
Not that Im planning this, but I was wondering if anyone had considered swapping in the new 3.5l from the MKZ? I think they are 262hp stock and probably have decent torque numbers too. Is it the same block as the standard 3L?

Yep. Put one in last week. Completely redid the entire engine harness and PCM so that the VVT & coil on plug could work. Refab'd the subframe and firewall too. Car really rips.

Todras Says:
1160262190890.t.jpg

Actually it has been discussed. It will take a lot (A LOT) of work. Currently the bellhousing I understand is different, which would need to be addressed to add the MTX-75, as well as having a way to control the VVT. This part can be controlled by an aftermarket Engine Management System with the proper tuning. We are also not sure if the motor mounts will work without completely redesigning the engine compartment. Subframe would have to be addressed at that time as well. Not saying it can't be done, just takes money and time that most of us don't have to tackle a project of that caliber.

Last edited:
Back