• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeos coming to the States

Well we knew the Focus was coming because people have been griping about not getting the new chassis like they did overseas.

If they brought the Ka over they could rename it "Ford Car" for New England.

I hope they do bring them over here. I think they need to go away from big trucks and SUV's and back into smaller cars.

If they keep trying to sell big trucks and SUV's sales are going to keep shrinking, especially when other auto manufactures are selling smaller, more fuel efficent vehicles...

I'm not sure how successful the Mondeo would be over here. I think if properly marketed and if they don't screw it up like they did the Foci's original introduction it definitely has potential. I know i'd be down for one...

I hope they do bring them over here. I think they need to go away from big trucks and SUV's and back into smaller cars.

If they keep trying to sell big trucks and SUV's sales are going to keep shrinking, especially when other auto manufactures are selling smaller, more fuel efficent vehicles...quote]

you are brilliant !
tell me, where did you get this big truck / small car concept?:laugh::laugh:

sorry man, i couldn't help it!:eek:

Motor Trend mag. has been reporting this as possible by the end of 2009 or beginning of 2010. I like the euro Ranger way better than ours too plus it's available with a diesel!

yeh the focus had a few issues back in the day....enough to scare my wife away from buying one when she bought the altima yrs ago....

and im hoping ford does bring over the euro cars...im wondering though will the mondeo being or having been so closely related to the contour will cause problems for it saleswise....not from people here, but from those bajillions that didn't care so much for the contour

yeh the focus had a few issues back in the day....enough to scare my wife away from buying one when she bought the altima yrs ago....

and im hoping ford does bring over the euro cars...im wondering though will the mondeo being or having been so closely related to the contour will cause problems for it saleswise....not from people here, but from those bajillions that didn't care so much for the contour

i'm not sure why few believe the ford euro cars will sell here. most americans generally prefer to go with domestic. the main reason imports broke out is because the design and performance we got from ford n chevy was atrocious. i think americans are ready for euro cars. the humongous success of the audis especially is proof. call me crazy, but if i had to choose between a turbocharged awd focus st, sti and evo, i'd have to go with the focus. looks scrumptous too:drool:

First-year Foci had just a few recalls, like the engine catching fire and wheels falling off.

After that though, they have been phenomenally reliable cars. Its the stigma of that first year that still gets stuck in peoples minds. Pretty much every Focus since 2002 has been great, with very little problems. It also doesn't help that any "Big 3" recall gets yelled out from the mountaintops, while any recall involving Toyota, Honda, or Nissan seemingly gets swept under the rug.

There was a thread back a couple months ago about the C1 Focus (current Euro Focus) was going to be brought over ASAP and actually sold alongside the current (C170) US Focus, with the C1 being the "higher" Focus model. The story about this has been going around for a couple months, and I can't tell if its one story being unveiled in multiple parts, or two seperate plans getting confused for each other.

This was the original thread
http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit...s-sell-alongside-us-focus-cc-coming-well.html

This was the "update"
http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-stop/583763-horses-mouth-eu-focus-us-2010-a.html

And now we have what was posted by the OP. I'm curious to see what this announcement exactly is, and see which one of these stories is corroborates. Just another "maybe", could they be fast-tracking the new Fiesta to come out sooner than the previously-announced Spring 2010 date? Its coming out in Europe in a matter of a couple months, so its possible that Ford decided to get the hurry-up and not wait almost 2 years to bring it to the US.

i'm not sure why few believe the ford euro cars will sell here. most americans generally prefer to go with domestic.

Well when they say that they're probably pointing to euro cars that were actually built there and shipped over. Yes you're getting a well made car but you're also paying more for it because of transport and tariffs. That being said I'm still confused by the GTO not catching on when they brought it over from Australia.

First-year Foci had just a few recalls, like the engine catching fire and wheels falling off.

At least it wasn't anything serious.

Well when they say that they're probably pointing to euro cars that were actually built there and shipped over. Yes you're getting a well made car but you're also paying more for it because of transport and tariffs. That being said I'm still confused by the GTO not catching on when they brought it over from Australia.

The styling killed that car. Blended in like a Cavalier in many people's eyes.

I loved the styling of both cars. The people that see a Cavalier in that design arent the people that would pay more than $15k for a car anyway.

The great heritage of the goat had a lot to do with it, too. GM felt that the new car should look as if it had been evolving all along since production ceased in the mid 1970s. What people wanted was the classic that they'd loved a generation ago. When you look at a 1966 convertible, dark blue metallic with a white gut, and a 396 tripower under the hood, the new one pales fast. Not to say I don't like it, but it lacked the magic of the original and subsequent iterations.

Not to say I don't like it, but it lacked the magic of the original and subsequent iterations.

It also lacked the build quality and attention to detail of an american built car, from that era or this era. I'm hoping to grab one in a few years once this gas business gets settled out.

It also lacked the build quality and attention to detail of an american built car, from that era or this era. I'm hoping to grab one in a few years once this gas business gets settled out.

Are you saying that the build quality and attention to detail of the new goat was not up to snuff? I didn't spend time with them close up, but do think that they make a good case for cheap horsepower.

Back